M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I couldn't agree more with J R. You have to ride one to believe the acceleration. Just in case you get a chance to ride one...don't try to turn or stop it in a hurry...it just won't happen, but you gotta love the power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
And that's why Yamaha still makes them. It is a strong bike but still has the 80's mullet look about it. Instead of building the Warrior, Yamaha should have redesigned the V-Max or just planted that V-4 motor in the Warrior. Could you imagine that motor being in a bike that can corner and brake well? :bigthumbsup:
 
G

·
So 10.87 is the mark for a 109r.

Hmm, I need a 140 driver. 180 is not going to cut it. Or I have to find 40 lbs on the bike. Need a 6.5 inch wheel and a 180mm tire that might do it.

TAZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
J R said:
I have waited for years...
Yeah, and guys would be selling their 109's for a new Max like some guys sold their VTX's for the 109. Muscle bike torque junkies, what a beautiful thing! :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
I read that artical I only wish they do another one soon ... It should be interesting to see how the 109 stacks up against that bunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Barakus said:
I read that artical I only wish they do another one soon ... It should be interesting to see how the 109 stacks up against that bunch.
I agree, it would be interesting to see how the 109 would compared. Its a shame Suzuki did not give us 127 HP at the rear wheel to start with!

Concerning VBoost, I bet JR could rig something up to give us some MBoost! :joke: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
I read it when it came out and thought the group of bikes they picked were about as different as you could get. There really weren't 2 bikes the same in the bunch. Maybe the closest to each other were the vulcan and the rocket.

As for size not mattering! I have been looking at a 1988 honda v45 super magna that is available locally. When I was checking the specs it shows that this almost 20 year old stock 750 should run with the vtx and 109. They showed a 12.15 qt mile and while that may be just a little behind the 109 that ain't bad for a bike half the size and 20 years old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
J R said:
I have had v-maxes and like um just dont own one cause they where cool bout 20 years ago and they aint changed the darn things but they do run pretty good and the 109 wouldnt be a match for a v-max at the dragstrip.I wish it where
Last time I was at my shop there was a VMAX with nitrous bottles alongside the swingarm. I can't imagine how the guy holds on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
it's a shame the 109 wasn't in that grouping...i really don't understand why they thought it didn't meet their criteria.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
phaed said:
it's a shame the 109 wasn't in that grouping...i really don't understand why they thought it didn't meet their criteria.
probably not mentioned in the article because its From the December 2004 issue of Motorcycle Cruiser magazine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
there is an all new V-Max on the drawing boards but when it becomes reality no one knows. that Suzuki B-King or Boost King was a killer concept bike but now that it is going to be produced the lost the supercharger so it "just" get a NA Busa motor... :( .....something about corporate lawyers and a 200 hp naked bike just did not set well..... :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
heh, can't wait to see the b-king available. it would rock if someone makes those superchargers available as aftermarket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
vtxoak said:
I read it when it came out and thought the group of bikes they picked were about as different as you could get. There really weren't 2 bikes the same in the bunch. Maybe the closest to each other were the vulcan and the rocket.

As for size not mattering! I have been looking at a 1988 honda v45 super magna that is available locally. When I was checking the specs it shows that this almost 20 year old stock 750 should run with the vtx and 109. They showed a 12.15 qt mile and while that may be just a little behind the 109 that ain't bad for a bike half the size and 20 years old.
I have a Cycle test of the same year Magna that showed 11.88 at 111
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
I've owned a 1983 V65 Magna for over five years now. I've always waited for something new and exciting to come out because I was getting bored of the tired look of my Honda. The M109 was the first bike since 1983 to get my pulse going (Other than the Rune, but who's got the cash for that monster?). But the performance of the Honda is nothing to sneeze at. 11 second 1/4's, 10,000 rpm redline, smooth even powerband, an awesome bike in it's own right. And arguably the reason we have the M109. The V65 was the first bike to be called a "muscle" bike. The Vmax was Yamaha's response to the success of the V65 and our bike is just a natural offshoot of that evolutionary process, after all the M in M109 stands for "Muscle," right? I love my V65 - it's a shame it's gotta go, but since I bought My Burple beast in May, I've NEVER said "Maybe I'll ride the Magna today." It NEVER wins that coin flip. So it's gotta go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
v65 to m109 said:
The M109 was the first bike since 1983 to get my pulse going (Other than the Rune, but who's got the cash for that monster?). But the performance of the Honda is nothing to sneeze at.Â
I picked up my rune with chrome wheels brand new for $20000 almost a 1/3 off the msrp I know Honda is trying to move the rest of them from the wharehouse and you can get some great deals. It is an amazing bike and rides sooo niceeeee.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
vtxoak said:
I picked up my rune with chrome wheels brand new for $20000 almost a 1/3 off the msrp I know Honda is trying to move the rest of them from the wharehouse and you can get some great deals. It is an amazing bike and rides sooo niceeeee.
And an incredible machine you have. It's stunning. I can't pony up 20 large after paying 12 for the M109. The kids would go hungry and the wife wouldn't put out until the next milennium. As it was I never told her I was getting the M. Just bought it, rode it home and put it in the backyard for her to find. Quite the surprise. She took it well Thank God.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
v65 to m109 said:
And an incredible machine you have. It's stunning. I can't pony up 20 large after paying 12 for the M109. The kids would go hungry and the wife wouldn't put out until the next milennium. As it was I never told her I was getting the M. Just bought it, rode it home and put it in the backyard for her to find. Quite the surprise. She took it well Thank God.
Its easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permition :cop:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top