M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at these :

Wiley X JP-1 Goggle/Sunglasses

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pr...riesCode=164&ProductLine=230,JP1&ItemCode=500

I wear a half helmet and i'm looking for some eye protection, wind is starting to dry out the contacts.

Anyways, anyone have any comments/suggestions. I like the fact that they come with both clear and dark lenses. I'm not into the transition lenses, but if anyone has experience with those (on a bike) let me know.

Thanks again in advance,

G

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the ResSpecs glasses. They are padded all around but not removeable. I had to get them in prescription. I did get the transition lenses. Whats nice about them is that you never have to switch lenses. They are completely clear, but as soon as your in the sun, they turn black.

Wind is not a problem unless you stay at 65 all day.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Check this site out. It is under a helmet thread. I wear glasses, but there small and when you go 60-110 you can get a little teary eyed. :evil: I think this would be a perfect solution.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got some uvex safety goggles from my local safety store. They're fairly snug and they wrap around a little, and you can choose between clear, yellow, mirror or smoked lenses. the cool thing, is that they come with a wire insert for your prescription.
I got the frames and the clear and smoke lense and the insert for about $40 CDN, I then took the insert to Wally World and got my RX put in for $40....so a total of less than $100......for everything. They work well even at highway speed, with my half helmet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If your absent minded like I am and always loosing your glasses than you might want to check home depot.
they have some fairly inexpensive wrap around style safety glasses (A.N.S.I.) approved impact resistant.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had LASIK two years ago and also suffer dry eye's. I wear "BOBSTER" interchangeable lenses (amber/clear/smoke) I really like them, their a bit large but look great and work extremely well for me. They come with a head strap or standard sunglass frames. Also came with the strap to cinch up and make a great seal for the eye. Try their web site www.bobster.com

Bought them on Ebay for $35.00.

Wacky

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I too have the Wiley X's they are great glasses. They came with soft eye cup inserts to cut wind, they look nice and do the job

·
Registered
414 Posts
Griiririan said:
Looking at these :

Wiley X JP-1 Goggle/Sunglasses

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pr...riesCode=164&ProductLine=230,JP1&ItemCode=500

I wear a half helmet and i'm looking for some eye protection, wind is starting to dry out the contacts.

Anyways, anyone have any comments/suggestions. I like the fact that they come with both clear and dark lenses. I'm not into the transition lenses, but if anyone has experience with those (on a bike) let me know.

Thanks again in advance,

G
That what I wear in RX form have both Clear and Sunglasses...can't live without them...

G

·
Ok I have about 8 pairs of sunglasses / goggles and I like the home depot ones the best and they are by far the cheapest

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the WileyX SG1-V and love 'em. My eyes are really sensitive to light and wind and these goggles work great! They also come with both smoked and clear lenses and an elastic strap or regular sunglass temples.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm an optician by trade and have tried many different things for this. I highly recommend the Wiley X brand as many models are RX-able. One tip, if you wear a full face helmet, don't get polarized lenses. I made this mistake ONCE. You see all the stress rainbows in the shield if you do.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I would suggest always wearing some kind of glasses. Go talk to an optometrist and they will most likely tell you stories of how scarred up bikers' eyes are from dust, etc over time.
With that said, I'm still a bigger fan of just wearing the full face helmet. I have interchangeable shields for my Shoei. Sure, I may look like a dork or wimp to some, but at least I won't send kids screaming from losing a battle with a car and wearing off 1/2 my face on the pavement. No matter how hard they try, the skin grafts are still just ugly....much more ugly than my helmet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got myself a set of wrap around glasses / goggles by ocean ware they come with 3 different interchangable lenses smoked, yellow and iridium which i use day and night and also the prescribed specs clip on for those that need glass to see they also come with changeable straps I payed $99 from a HD shop still trying to find a link on these to show you guys they are very comfy

·
Registered
277 Posts
Has anyone tried Panoptix? I saw these at my eye doctors office but haven't seen anyone actually wearing them. They seem to have an impressive list of features and some of them have removable eye cups so you can wear them as regular sunglasses or put the cups on and have goggles.  :doorag:

http://www.sporteyes.com/panoptix.htm

·
Registered
243 Posts
prozac123 said:
Has anyone tried Panoptix? I saw these at my eye doctors office but haven't seen anyone actually wearing them. They seem to have an impressive list of features and some of them have removable eye cups so you can wear them as regular sunglasses or put the cups on and have goggles.  :doorag:

I tried them on, can't remember which model, they had the removable eye cup, and changed lens colors. First thing is they felt cheap... The plastic was not that flexible or rigid... If that makes any sense... Second the day/night lenses were not very dark, and seem to take for ever to change. However, they get good user ratings on glass websites, and look really cool...

I went with the Wiley x Blinks. Half the price and a great pair of glasses no wind issues at even 110...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
prozac123 said:

Friend of mine has a pair , they seal wind out very good and really clear vision (no distortions) to them. But for me the tint is not dark enough (he has the day/night pair) and the vision to the side is pretty much restricted (sizable blind spot) , unless I am right beside or a little in front of him he can't see me if we are riding side by side.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a pair of Panoptics that are about three years old. They are the best glasses for open, half or no helmet ( not that I ride without one ) that I have ever tried! My eyes don't dry out or tear up. Great fit and features. Just my view. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
i ride mostly with a half helm no fairing... I use bobster's.. i have several pairs of bobsters from the eliminators to the interchangeable lens ones... Zero complaints in dry weather.... HOWEVER, if a good rain breaks the goggles fill up with water.... reallllllyyyyy a pain the in butt when riding in rain....
but other than rain i love my bobsters...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts