M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, hard to believe another month has come and gone, but it is almost time for the infamous "Efarta" ride again. This month I will be away for some much needed R and R, but if Felix or GT Bozak could take the lead on this month organizing, that would be great.

·
Registered
702 Posts
:verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

Unless I can have my new rear tire on the bike by then, I won't be there either.

I was on my way to Gettysburg from East Berlin, having just had a blast doing 120 or so for a good 5 minutes (crouchless), got to the sheetz near Battlefield HD when an old dude walks up and tells me my tire looks like it needs air...only when I'm sitting on the bike.

Sure enough, i go over and push my foot on the tire and it squishes in a little. I roll the bike around the parking space until I can find the hising... :verymad:

At this point I stop being pissed and realize I was lucky not to have cashed in the chips as they say..... but anyway, the hole is huge, like a nail had been in there for awhile and the high speed run took the nail out...

Went to Battlefield HD, asked if they could mount a tire on my 8.5 inch rim because they musta have the tires in stock because the new v-rod has a 240 tire (don't laugh, I know the tire might not be the same rim size) but the parts counter chick tells me she cant help me, they are only set up to work on Harleys. I was starting to get mad that she wouldnt check the vrod tire size on the computer when 2 mechanics walked out of the back and told me there was a metric shop about 5 miles farther down 30 and they might have the tire...

So I jumped back in the saddle to get there before the free air from sheetz is all gone. I make it to this other shop and they don't have a tire wide enough, but the owner comes out, squirts some of that gren slime and some air in the tire, takes 10 bucks, and says that's what he would do if it were one of his bikes. i said, Thanks, the repair should be good enough to get me to a safe location in a garage. The "epair" didn't work too bad, kept enough air in the tire to ride another 45 minutes or so, got to the destination, where I parked, and started calling around for a tire.

Before I ordered from Hal, I called the closest Suzuki place in York, they wanted $439.99 for the tire, no installation. :yikes: I don't even go there to buy oil anymore. ::)

I didn't feel like I needed rush shipping at the time I ordered, free sounded so good, especially since the tires ship from Ohio.

So. What all this means is it is my first "repair" is at 6100 miles and it was a tire with 2 puncture holes in it. Front tire is fine. I wonder what I backed over. Also means I might miss the October "Fart" run.

If I miss you at the Turkey Hill Sunday, Eat some breakfast for me fellows. :doorag:

·
Registered
702 Posts
wooohooo! Back on the road with my new tire courtesy of DLP. :bigthumbsup:

I got the tire installed. at a local place yesterday for $50 while I waited on a same-daydrop in appointment. Sweet deal. Rode aobut 100 miles yesterday, trying to scrub the tire in. The reviews are right, it feels much more nimble now, but not like it's going to tip over or anything, just easier to switchback left and right.

·
Registered
702 Posts
DaltonH said:
I'd guess based on the "reviews" comment he went with the Metz 260. Everyone says it makes the bike easier to turn.
That is corect. I ran it to and from Wilkes Barre today, at least 2 solid hours at 100 :doorag: . The mountain sweepers felt like nothing. I had more manouverability, easier to change my line while already leaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts