M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, hard to believe, but this is the last gathering of the year. We will meet at the Wawa at Rts 10 and 30 at 8:30 AM. Kickstands up at 8:45am. PM me for details. cell # 610 496 1697. We will go for breakfast first at the Cloister which is about 1/8 mile past the Gathering and then down to the Gathering. It will most likely be cold, but hey, Let's RIDE.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My baby is already put away for the winter. I move my truck in the garage and put the bike in the shed. See ya next year. Ride safe.

·
Registered
702 Posts
z281982 said:
My baby is already put away for the winter. I move my truck in the garage and put the bike in the shed. See ya next year. Ride safe.
No offense, but.... screw that.

My baby likes to f$%k as long as there's traction available.

I have a holiday bash the night before, but I'll do my best to get there. :doorag:

·
Registered
326 Posts
With a high of 44 and a low of 29 putting the temp at leave time around 30 or so I think I'll pass. Last month was pretty damn cold and if I remember it was around 50 driving out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Z28, we will miss you bro. Hope to catch up with you next year when it warms up some. Felix - I hear you. It took me some time for the fingers to defrost. This time though, my heated gloves came in so I am good to go.

GT - Looks like it may be just you and me bro so far. If your game, I'll be there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well, looks like I will be riding Sunday but not with you guys. Another rider from my North East group passed away last night.
Copy of Post from NE Board:
SETH WAS RIDING LAST NIGHT AROUND 9PM A FEW BLOCKS FROM HIS HOUSE WHEN AN SUV PULLED OUT IN FRONT OF HIM. THE POLICE TOLD HIS FAMILY THAT THE FORCE OF THE IMPACT BROKE HIS NECK INSTANTLY SO THERE WAS NO PAIN. yOU WILL BE MISSED BROTHER. oF ALL THE FRIENDS/FAMILY i HAVE MADE OVER THIS PAST SUMMER ON THE SITE i WAS CLOSEST TO SETH. FROM WORKING ON HIS BIKE TO JUST FUCKIN WITH HIM ABOUT WHEELIES AND STOPPIES AND SHIT I JUST CANT BELIEVE HE IS GONE. i FEEL LIKE i LOST A BROTHER. SETH WAS GENUINELY A GREAT PERSON AND A TRUE FRIEND.

SETH WILL B CREMATED ON SUNDAY. THE SERVICES WILL BE HELD AT 2PM SUNDAY AT GOLDSTEIN FUNERAL HOME ON 2ND STREETY PIKE BETWEEN STREET AND COUNTY LINE. I GOT THE INFO FROM HIS YOUNGER SISTER AND SHE SAID THAT WHATEVER SETH WANTED, SO IM EXPECTING 100% TO SHOW IN HIS HONOR, RAIN OR SHINE. MEET POINT AND TIMES WILL B FOURTHCOMMING.

Please everybody.... be careful out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,
Man, I am so sorry to hear this news. That is two from your group in the last two months. So sad to hear. Well, brother we will miss you, but it is important to support the family of this downed brother. We'll be thinking of you as we ride. I'll ride with my passenger pegs down in honor of your friends passing.

Saturday, if it is nice, are you guys interested in riding in the Christmas parade in Coatesville??? Let me know.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bruno said:
GT - Looks like it may be just you and me bro so far. If your game, I'll be there.
I'll be there for the last "farta" ride of 2006.

Also; peace to the downed Northeast rider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well GT and I were the lone 109ers there, but we were representin. Good chilly ride. Hooked up with some of my sport tourin buddies and went on a short ride though the amish country after the Gathering. Eric, after you peeled off, I followed them home. There was 4 of us. We came over this hill around 60 and almost got T bones by a HORSE. The horse took off on the Amish guy and ran the intersection. Stan locked it up and then we all locked it up. It was interesting to say the least. I was laughing, gasping and puckering my butt up at the same time. Made a bee line for the house after that. I am laughing as I'm writing this, but it is a Lancaster County thing.

As always brother, it was a pleasure to be with you. You are a real gentleman and I enjoyed your company.

Well guys, Happy Holidays and hope to catch you all next year.

·
Registered
326 Posts
AT least it was an actual horse, I think the Amish actually have a release on those sh*t catchers that they open every time they go through a corner. At least thats the way it works for me anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was a ton of it on the roads today. I will be doing alot of cleaning this week removing those dreaded "road apples". :joke:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bruno said:
Well GT and I were the lone 109ers there, but we were representin. Good chilly ride. Hooked up with some of my sport tourin buddies and went on a short ride though the amish country after the Gathering. Eric, after you peeled off, I followed them home. There was 4 of us. We came over this hill around 60 and almost got T bones by a HORSE. The horse took off on the Amish guy and ran the intersection. Stan locked it up and then we all locked it up. It was interesting to say the least. I was laughing, gasping and puckering my butt up at the same time. Made a bee line for the house after that. I am laughing as I'm writing this, but it is a Lancaster County thing.

As always brother, it was a pleasure to be with you. You are a real gentleman and I enjoyed your company.

Well guys, Happy Holidays and hope to catch you all next year.
Glad everyone kept it upright. Sorry I couldn't have gone along for the last ride. Can't wait to meet up with everyone again. Bruno I guess we wont recognize, or be able to keep up with you with all the mods your wife is letting you do. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
AT least it was an actual horse, I think the Amish actually have a release on those sh*t catchers that they open every time they go through a corner. At least thats the way it works for me anymore.
I wasn't even aware that the apple catchers were used. I never notice the straps for them. I guess it's kinda like some bikes with the bacffles in their pipes.. ;) :joke:

I'm also glad it was only a "scare" with the horse. As hard as I was riding to keep up with the sportbikes, that would've tested my want to refocus for the ride home.

Man, what a fun ride. The chilly weather kept most of the traffic off of the fun roads I assume. Pure pleasure. I've never before experienced what the 109 can do in a "real world" riding situation. most cruiser riders aren't up for a brisk ride through the twisties. I'll have to say, like has been said on other posts I'm sure, the BRAKES on this bike are amazing. Though I never had an emergency stop on the ride, I was able to brake late to setup my corners because there is so much "feel" in the brakes. I never felt numb at the traction limit when slowing. I knew as long as I was close and in the right gear, i would be right there coming out of the shorter corners. The difference between cruiser and sportbike was most apparent when we had a run of 3 or 4 40mph turns in about a quarter mile stretch. Transitions on the big beast are a little slower (for me) and less available lean angle meant I had to carry less speed through the sections (versus being able to slow down and catch up quickly on the following straightaway in a stratch containing fewer "slow" curves)

Bruno and I definitely represented. I was full throttle out of every turn, virtually full brake going into every turn, just to get my near 1000lbs of combined weight to move like the riders in front. Great challenge. Felix, you would've loved it. I need to ride with you to learn a few more techniques.

Bruno also represented with the new bike doodads, as usual. :super:
When I got to the diner for breakfast, I got off my bike and raced to grab the pipes to warm my hands inside my gloves (doesn't everyone do this?) Bruno comes over (after unplugging himself from his bike. Bruno is now bionic I suppose :joke: ) holds up an empty glove and says "put your hand in this" so I do..
Heated gloves and vest. Freaking awesome. if I had those, I might really try to ride most of the winter.
Side mount plate with brake light. It was cool to watch the plate move with the wheel, independent of the rest of the bike. Gremlin bell. I'm sure I missed more stuff.

Again, great ride.

Bruno, fantastic riding with you again and meeting the "safety" crew.

Happy holidays to all, and to all some good mods this winter. :doorag:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts