M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the calendar looks now compared with the weather; Sunday will be our next warmest day at a scorching 65º so
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:I vote we take a ride :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Maybe meet at Red Rocks Park or the town of Morrison and ride to Santa Fe on C-470 then go to Castle Rock. Eat at IHOP and then either back via Parker road or ride on down to Colorado Springs and then back if time permits.

I'm thinking maybe around 11AM or so at Red Rocks? If that's too early ::) for some of you then we could wait :read: until maybe 1 PM if needed.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You guys who can ride whenever you want suck... :joke:

·
Registered
600 Posts
gm2inco said:
You guys who can ride whenever you want suck... :joke:
LOL... not whenever I want, but I DO have weekends off... FINALLY :p :D

I'm thinking I can make this ride. I'm sorry I didn't respond last weekend. I have a terminally ill 6 year old step-daughter and things pop up unexpectedly from time to time :dontknow:

If we do head to Castle Rock, may I suggest we can come back via Larkspur to Sedalia or, for even more fun, ride down to Palmer Lake, then up to Sedalia? Don't know if you've ridden that stretch of road but I find it to be a good, short day ride :doorag:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
If we do head to Castle Rock, may I suggest we can come back via Larkspur to Sedalia or, for even more fun, ride down to Palmer Lake, then up to Sedalia? Don't know if you've ridden that stretch of road but I find it to be a good, short day ride :doorag:

Sounds like a great ride. I'm just jealous. :swear:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trouble_Is said:

I'm thinking I can make this ride. I'm sorry I didn't respond last weekend. I have a terminally ill 6 year old step-daughter and things pop up unexpectedly from time to time :dontknow:

Sounds like a nice change to the route I take sometimes... Never been by Palmer Lake...!! And us guys that can ride when we want don't suk... Our paychecks do... (I do contract work in Telecom) so when I'm not working... I'm not getting paid :-(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Set to Ride !!! - Sunday 10/29/2006 11 AM Red Rocks Ride

:welcome: EVERYBODY IS :welcome: EVERYBODY IS :welcome: EVERYBODY IS :welcome: EVERYBODY IS :welcome:

Trouble_Is said:

OK... It's On...
See anyone who wants to ride at 11 AM at Red Rocks... Up at the top parking area.
Will wait up till 11:30 for any straglers.. But early is better.. If we want to eat somewhere!

I'm game for the Lake Palmer route... Took a ride close to there today... Had to get the M109R above 1000 miles :clap2:

First ride with the Rifle Windshield.... Works great... Too bad there was so much snow melt and now the bike is super dirty..
Did a short ride tonight as well... To the south-west side of town and back..

See Ya There,,, Top of Red Rocks,,, 11 AM

Colorado_Ed
Red M109R
Miles.... ~1039

http://www.wunderground.com/US/CO/Centennial.html?bannertypeclick=bigwx]
Click for Centennial, Colorado Forecast
[/URL]

·
Registered
600 Posts
Me and the missus are planning on being there at 11:00 :bigthumbsup: Are you bringing your "better half" also?

See you in the morning... and don't forget to turn your clocks back or you'll be long gone by the time we get there :eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Me and the missus are planning on being there at 11:00Â :bigthumbsup:Â Â Are you bringing your "better half" also?Â

See you in the morning... and don't forget to turn your clocks back or you'll be long gone by the time we get there :eek:
Have a good ride, guys!!!!! Let us know how it goes..... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trouble_Is said:
Me and the missus are planning on being there at 11:00 :bigthumbsup: Are you bringing your "better half" also?

See you in the morning... and don't forget to turn your clocks back or you'll be long gone by the time we get there :eek:
Sorry the misses will not be on this trip. She is in California visiting her sister but she will be on rides later.
When we find a good deal on an S40 Suzuki she will start riding that as well. ( After we get her in a riding class )
Knowing that your misses goes on the rides only encourages my misses to go on rides as well.

My brother will be there on a Harley Dyna Wide-Glide.. He loves to ride as well and he's the reason I started looking
and found the M109R.

I've spent most of the last year sitting in front of my computer programming and realized that was (mostly) all my life was about...
So the M109R was/is a move to get me away from my computer...

See Ya There
God Bless..

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Set to Ride !!! - Sunday 10/29/2006 11 AM Red Rocks Ride

Colorado_Ed said:
First ride with the Rifle Windshield.... Works great... Too bad there was so much snow melt and now the bike is super dirty..
Hey bud, any chance I could get you to post a few pics of this shield... particularly the area around the cowling? I'm thinking of moving my tach on Top of the cowling, but am wondering if it will interfere with adding this shield at a later date.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

gm2inco said:
Hey bud, any chance I could get you to post a few pics of this shield... particularly the area around the cowling? I'm thinking of moving my tach on Top of the cowling, but am wondering if it will interfere with adding this shield at a later date.
Not a problem but you will have to wait until the 7th as I had to go to Atlanta to do some work so I could afford to ride while you were working :p ...
I'll be glad to send them then if that's not too late. I didn't place mine behind the cowl.. I've got it over the cowl with enough room to slide my hand under it. (That way it won't bump the cowl in strong winds... Tested to around 130 mph last weekend) It should work well and if the weather is good when I return I can meet you somewhere for you to look it over.

Ride Safe !!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I can vouch for the 130MPH test :eek: We were cruising around out in the hills west of Castle Rock at a leisurely 60MPH or so when all of the sudden I catch this flash of crimson out of the corner of my eye. We came up on a nice 2 mile or so straightaway, so Ed came around me and the missus and let 'er rip. It didn't take long for him to be just a speck on the horizon :evil: This was the first time I had ridden with a person on an M and I was surprised how good the exhaust sounds at WFO. Not loud... just a deep rumble. You can hear it and FEEL it :doorag: Ed, it was nice meeting you and Dave. We'll have to take a northern route next time and stop off at Woody's Pizza in Golden some time during the day :bigthumbsup:

Snapped a quick picture with the cell phone (yes... that's snow all over the ground :confused: ). This is me, Ed's brother, Dave, and Ed (left to right). You can't really see the shield in this pic but it fits the M well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

gm2inco said:
Just letting you know I started a new topic with these photos on the Tips section....

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=6764.0

Clearance for Tac relocation w/ Rifle Windshield

Colorado_Ed said:
I've been asked about the clearance available for the
tachometer relocation to the headlight cowl with a
Rifle windshield. Keep in mind that I don't have the
windshield mounted as it would normally be with the
bracket up higher. I wanted mine lower so that's why
it's where it is. It looks like there's plenty of room for
the tac move to me. If you live near Denver Colorado
and want a closer look I can meet on most warmer days
from Red Rocks to Castle Rock.
If you want higher res photos then just email me!!

Ride Safe!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts