M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
What is a Sun Pass ? Is that like one of those prepaid ceramic toll passes ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi guys I just purchased a 2013 M109R and want to know if you guys have any secrets on placing the sun pass so it isn't obvious
thanks

manley
I have a Vstream windshield and I have mine mounted on that.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
On long trips when I have my magnetic tank bag I placed it in the top clear map pocket. Other times I temporarily tie wrapped it in between my risers.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That is constantly a nightmare for me too. In many cases I place it on top of the tach then remove it once I pass through :D since I only take one toll a day. But I will definitely try the tie wrap to see. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Get the Sun Pass Mini Sticker- HELLOOOOO!

How SunPass Lanes Work

The SunPass Mini Sticker Transponder is not equipped to emit any audible signals. When paying a cash toll while the Mini Sticker transponder is installed on ...
www.sunpass.com
www.sunpass.com/howLanesWork

clipped from Google - 12/2013
Quick and Easy Installation Instructions for the SunPass® Mini ...

www.sunpass.com
https://www.sunpass.com/pdf/Mini Installation_en.pdf

Quick and Easy Installation Instructions for the SunPass® Mini ...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat

11/10. Quick and Easy Installation Instructions for the SunPass® Mini Transponder. 1. Choose location from illustrations shown below. 2. Clean area using ...
www.sunpass.com
https://www.sunpass.com/pdf/Mini Installation_en.pdf

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I figured I'd just put it in my coat pocket then pull it out and flash it as I zipped by...:D

·
Registered
735 Posts
Since all my vehicles are registered on my sunpass I don't install anything on my bike. I just run thru it and the red light goes off. When I check my sunpass account I shows that I went thru and the charge comes out. Sunpass figures it just did'nt register. I have also been thru with my truck with my sunpass on my windshield and sometimes the toll lights up red.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sun pass placement

Hi guys I just purchased a 2013 M109R and want to know if you guys have any secrets on placing the sun pass so it isn't obvious
thanks

manley
I keep my sun pass under the seat. It is prepaid so the sun pass camera will take a pic of your tag. It will automatically come out of your sun pass account, providing the tag is registered to your bike. I use to put it on the gas tank but the wind got up under it one day and it was lost in the wind. The choice is totally up to you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Orlando riders its a little bit more risky because we could be using both at any given time Epass and Sunpass. My transponder fell of my bike early Dec. and I was flying by the Epass toll next to work and one day I decided to call just because and the agent told me that normally they do request two or three violations to sun pass but when they see that is constant and you don't have an Epass account they have the total right in not letting you now and start banking that debt agaist your tag until the driver/rider finds out on their own. Same happened to my co-worker and she ended up paying $989 and they told her that they didn't have to let her now. That happened early Dec. so I just pass the info it was given to me. If you only use Sunpass I figure you are off that hook but keep your eyes open it could become expensive.

They also told me that the mini doesn't work on bikes. FL07 LE were did you actually place yours? Any advice would be appreciated. Peace brother!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts