M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the 9 almost 30 days now and have just over 1200mi on it. My questions is I left the emblems on the side of the tank and would like to take them off, does sun fade happen that quickly ? The 9 has been garage keep by the way. Thanks

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I've heard that silver and red fade the fastest, but I seriously doubt that any color would fade in 30 days. Especially considering yours is garage kept.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have had mine out in the sun quite a bit, No sun fade here. My 9 gets waxed quite a bit just so I can lkeep getting :bigthumbsup:!!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
NO NO ....fading is the thing of the past , fading was big in the late 80's early 90's when manfactures took the lead out the paint...and for several years they
struggled to find better solutions in the "paint process".

Most metalics suffered terribly , silvers, blues, reds were leading culprits . You rarely even see oxidation anymore, thats how good processes are done ...
You would be amazed at how much manufactures spend to get it right...especially imports.

Now improper care and using bad cleaners can make things bad...but thats user error , certainly things can happen in the process...but complaints about
paint from consumers have been waaaaaaay down .

I've been in the luxury car segment for almost 15 year.....currently with BMW , so I think my info is legit.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input all :bigthumbsup:

G

·
EAGLEFAN67 said:
NO NO ....fading is the thing of the past ... You rarely even see oxidation anymore, thats how good processes are done ...
You would be amazed at how much manufactures spend to get it right...especially imports.
Good to know as I am looking a possibly red...

G

·
I waited 2 months to debadge, I store mine in the garage. But can't get much more sun / damage then you can in AZ and I had no Fading on my paint. There was a ghost of the badge right after removal but I cleaned the tank real well after and waxed the whole thing with paste turtle wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts