M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few members suggested that I should consider buying my wrecked bike back from the insurance company and parting it out. That's a good idea. However, I don't have the time or patience to take on the tasks of tearing it apart piece by piece packing up the parts and selling them one by one online.

I just want to move forward with this litigation/law suit and get it behind me. I don't want to forget about my bike but I don't think I have the stomach for something like this. All I want out of this is to have them pay for my hospital bills, whatever is fair for pain and suffering and get a new bike.

As I suggested to another member if you might be interested in a venture like this and have the cash to buy the bike back give me a call and maybe we can discuss the arraingements over the phone. I can be reached at (270) 766-7711.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Aren't you retired ? Its a its easy to take them apart a little harder to put em back together again. Good luck hope you heal soon!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I thought about doing that when I totaled my first 9. Insurance Co, was cool with it but said it would delay the process by about 4-5 weeks. It was still riding season and I wanted my new 9 quickly so passed on it. BTW, if you do want to buy the wrecked 9 plan on paying full salvage prices for it. I wrecked my 07 in Sept 09 with 13000 miles and they wanted 6K for the wrecked bike with a salvage title. That also helped my decision along. Good luck tbar and to anyone that buys the wrecked bike. There is a market for em but it isn't as strong as it was 3-4 years ago.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hope you get better soon tbud!
So what is totaled means?
Can you repair it and put it on the road again, or is it done, for parts only?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totalled Means

That the insurance WON'T fix it.

Hope you get better soon tbud!
So what is totaled means?
Can you repair it and put it on the road again, or is it done, for parts only?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Very Nice of you To offer Tbar !
If i was More Liquid i would be ALL Over this ???

are you sure the title is gonna be Salvaged ?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
As I understand it (and I'm often wrong) is once an insurance company "totals" a bike they brand the title as salvage. Once that is done you can't trade the vehicle in at a dealership or get full coverage insurance on it since it's already been deemed a total loss. At least that's the way it is in Maine. Ya I know we're petty backward up here too.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's why I'm not going to screw with it-----

However, I've had a few freinds want to swap out parts (Clutch basket, Chrome piece on the speedo and the seats). I've given them the go ahead. This way whenever I see/ride with them this spring I'll know that my organ doantions went to a good cause. :bigthumbsup:

As I understand it (and I'm often wrong) is once an insurance company "totals" a bike they brand the title as salvage. Once that is done you can't trade the vehicle in at a dealership or get full coverage insurance on it since it's already been deemed a total loss. At least that's the way it is in Maine. Ya I know we're petty backward up here too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts