M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install new mirrors for the ugly stock ones, something nice looking with flowing lines, fast looking. Any suggestions?

CD.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just look at any of the many after market catalogs. Kuryakyn makes some really cool stuff (Direct Line :bigthumbsup:). Arlen Ness, etc. There are so many. :bigthumbsup: :read:

·
Registered
600 Posts
For those that have put aftermarket mirrors on, how about a little review of them? Things like quality of the finish, whether or not they shake more than stock, if they require extensions to be able to see behind you, viewing area compared to stock, etc. I, for one, would appreciate the sharing of knowledge :bigthumbsup: Not many things worse than waiting for a package to arrive, it finally getting here, mounting up the part(s)... only to find that it/they SUCK :verymad:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I heard that  :bigthumbsup: The main thing i been thinking Is that the longer the arm on the mirror the more likely it is to shake,Makes since to me anyway!
I'm also looking at mirrors , i kinda like the ellipse mirrors but want to see whats out there before I jump on them :bigthumbsup: later silentrider

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Arlenness :( they look sharp but There's no way you could see anything in them and thats what the mirrors should be is functional,if you can't see whats the use :dontknow: thats like having a beautiful bike with a two gallon fuel tanks useless IMHO just for show not go!

·
Registered
84 Posts
They shake like a fat man's belly on a coin operated bed! The viewing area is far less than the stockers. With all that said I still like them. I tend to look over my shoulders for switching lanes anyway. I just use mirrors to keep track of who's behind me. I am 6ft 197lbs and the angle is fine.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors and really like them. Can't really compare them to stock as I changed them out the day I bought the bike. I am 6' 7" and can see behind me OK if that helps you.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Swagfndr   Thanks for the info,The Ellipse seem to be the ones i like best so far,good to read a positive comment about them  :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Even though this is Charles darwins Post  :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts