Salmon Arm B.C.
Nazareth • Jerry Doucette • Doug & the Slugs • Harlequin • Headpins • Helix
• Streetheart • Kick Axe • Lee Aaron • Powder Blues • Prism

http://sturgisnorth.com/salmon_arm/hello-world/

who's in? Looks like this could be good

·
Registered
516 Posts
I guess I'd be taking part, seeing how I live in Salmon Arm! However, I'm a little surprised to see ticket sales going ahead for this event as city council has yet to give their approval (3 of the 4 venues are within town limits). There is already opposition to the expectations of noise, congestion, rowdiness and the added cost to the town for policing (supposedly, no patches will be allowed).

I think it will probably end up getting council's blessing based on a 1 year "trial" event. Money is usually the bottom line and the town stands to take in a lot of it from such an event.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Totally doable here.....

Your trip is 6 hours 14 minutes / 319.95miles

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I'd be taking part, seeing how I live in Salmon Arm! However, I'm a little surprised to see ticket sales going ahead for this event as city council has yet to give their approval (3 of the 4 venues are within town limits). There is already opposition to the expectations of noise, congestion, rowdiness and the added cost to the town for policing (supposedly, no patches will be allowed).

I think it will probably end up getting council's blessing based on a 1 year "trial" event. Money is usually the bottom line and the town stands to take in a lot of it from such an event.
Have you heard anymore if this is gunna be a go?

·
Registered
516 Posts
She looks like a "go"! Salmon Arm has always had what is called the "Stomp", a less organized affair with a few hundred rowdy bikers (mostly H.D.s') that takes place a few miles out of town on private land. Sounds like they want to expand on that to make it into a much larger event for everybody. Hopefully, it could turn into one of the best biking events of the summer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You'll see this newly modified 109 there. :)
Getting my tickets early for $207.00 to include everything for Fri/Sat/Sunday. :)
Hope to see more 109's.
Would be awesome to see all the guys who attended the Vegas gathering to make it to this one.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Funny coincidence ... Sturgis North was a topic of conversation at a New Year's party with a bunch of my non-109 riding friends. It will be touchy for me to make the whole 5 days, but Salmon Arm can easily be done from here as a 3 - 4 day round-trip.

Put me down as a definite maybe. This looks like it could grow into something pretty cool if the first year goes well :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hmmmm...:D... not sure if the wife will ok this one seeing how the Intl meet will be going on in Sept... maybe a nice little nudge for her to go visit the folks that week back on the east coast is in order???

·
Registered
199 Posts
Would Love to go just up in the air on surgeries right now...so someone was saying that they aren't going to allow Patches??

·
Registered
516 Posts
Would Love to go just up in the air on surgeries right now...so someone was saying that they aren't going to allow Patches??
Yeah, that was the talk from the organizers, although I don't know how they enforce such a thing. Seems like they want to make this a public or family event and keep the "bad" guys away.

Lately, there has been opposition to the event from some of the locals as to what they see as calamity from the influx of thousands of bikers in our small town. There is a town hall meeting coming up to help calm the fears. Should be interesting . . . .

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well I was intending on going, unfortunately I have it on good authority that this event is being backed by the H.A's. I refuse to support anything they have their name tied to.

So, guess I'm heading to Merritt, BC's Great Canadian Bike Rally instead on the 15th of July.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Going from Calgary

Got tix for me and my Dad. He rides a HD but what can you do, most hotels we tried were filling up quick, meeting some people from edmonton but squeezed into a hotel.

Thinking of leaving Wed, calgary to cranbrook. Go to pentiction or so the next day and then up friday morning.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Any updates from people who attended ? How was it ? Heard it was a little disorganized .... mind you they had NO idea the #s to expect so makes it hard for the organizers I guess.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Any updates from people who attended ? How was it ? Heard it was a little disorganized .... mind you they had NO idea the #s to expect so makes it hard for the organizers I guess.
I had some friends that went from Washington and said it was majorly over priced.... Great location, just asking an arm and a leg to even get in.

Curious as to other feedback and maybe attend next year.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I heard same ... cost a small fortune to get in. But considering how much I've put into my bike lately I guess a few hundred is'nt THAT bad lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dad and i went and checked everything out. We felt it was a good attempt considering it was the first one, biker build off's were pretty cool its so nice to see new ideas.
Not enough planning for shuttles and cabs because its normally such a quiet town. The main stuff was really far from our hotel and with strict drinking and driving laws out there they can take the bike at .03....

We didn't stay up at the main stage too late as we didn't want to drink and ride. we heard from alot of people at our hotel it took anywhere from 1-3 hours to take a shuttle back to the parkinglot so you didn't have to ride up into a field.

All things considered it was a bit pricey but good stuff doesn't come cheap. It sure beats workin and it was a good excuse to hop on the bikes and put on 3K or so riding around beautiful bc.

·
Registered
913 Posts
My dad and i went and checked everything out. We felt it was a good attempt considering it was the first one, biker build off's were pretty cool its so nice to see new ideas.
Not enough planning for shuttles and cabs because its normally such a quiet town. The main stuff was really far from our hotel and with strict drinking and driving laws out there they can take the bike at .03....

We didn't stay up at the main stage too late as we didn't want to drink and ride. we heard from alot of people at our hotel it took anywhere from 1-3 hours to take a shuttle back to the parkinglot so you didn't have to ride up into a field.

All things considered it was a bit pricey but good stuff doesn't come cheap. It sure beats workin and it was a good excuse to hop on the bikes and put on 3K or so riding around beautiful bc.
Maybe I'll give 'er a go next year .. if its happening again.
Worst case its a good excuse to get out and ride ! :hot:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts