M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY stupid son was removing the rear pillion and trying to mount the rear fender cover when he stripped the threads and broke one of the bolts that go into the front mounting holes. So I check through my tools to locate the drill, tap and other tools I would need to do the repair. Well, where are all my &^%$**# tools. I can't locate the drill I need, no tap set, no drill bits, screw drivers and on and on. What do these kids think now days? I try to explain to my son that my tools are not supposed to be used by him and his friends without my permition, and that they are supposed to be put back where they come from. Well know I will have to spend the day trying to locate my tools. Possibly purchase new tools to replace the ones I have lost and to repair the bike. Yaya, yaaa, ya, and on and on again. Thanks for listening to my frustartion. My wif and son never do.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
make your kid buy the new tools if he can't find em.

·
Registered
314 Posts
We all go through it, 3 boys. The garage is currently off limits.With maturity comes garage access. I learned the hard way. ::) ::)

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
man, i'd never let my kids touch the bike.....of course they're girls and they don't want to. But I make em' keep those frilly pink bicycles away from it at all times :joke:

wish I had a boy to be mad at but the wife won't guarantee that she'll spit out a boy so I've stopped tryin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been trying to train my son since he was about six. He did ok until he became a teenager and then all @#&* broke lose. It does'nt do any good to try to make him buy new tools for me They end up being the cheap ones from dollar stores. He does'nt have the money anyway.

·
Registered
260 Posts
wonder what these kids would do if stuff from their bedroom came up missing
like the monitor on their computer "sorry son i loaned it out to a friend" lol

Bruce

·
Registered
752 Posts
Oldfart!

I can't believe you raised such an irresponsible son! :joke:

I have a better teenager story.

Driving on state highway 89 yesterday (6-1-06) doing 55 mph.

Some teenagers pull past me in the left lane going about 60, a window rolls down and an entire box of poppits is emptied in the air and into my face. Had a full face helmet on. They slammed on the brakes and turned left and I almost chased them to get their plates and then thought they might run me down rather than get caught.

Your son is an saint compared to these.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
L-Train said:
Oldfart!

I can't believe you raised such an irresponsible son! :joke:

I have a better teenager story.

Driving on state highway 89 yesterday (6-1-06) doing 55 mph.

Some teenagers pull past me in the left lane going about 60, a window rolls down and an entire box of poppits is emptied in the air and into my face. Had a full face helmet on. They slammed on the brakes and turned left and I almost chased them to get their plates and then thought they might run me down rather than get caught.

Your son is an saint compared to these.
:verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

Those kids were very lucky that was you and not me! I am seriously short tempered while on the road. Cage or bike I have had way too many times where I saved my life reacting to someone elses mistakes. When someone does something malicious I can not control myself. I would not ignore someone waving a gun or knife at me. I would not have ignored this, it is just as dangerous.

:verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

If my son/daughter was involved I would want to know. He would regret it! :verymad:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Agreed. They should do a little jail time. Could have killed me.

However if I chase a cage, it might just "accidently" run into me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blur said:
More confirmation we made the right choice to not have kids :)

Blur,MN
Ditto,

Love the nieces and nephews, but they get to go home. For a long time I wonder why, gerbles, bears, lions and tigers, eat there young. They become teenagers.

I feel for you Bro, I have one statement (MASTER LOCK).

Hope you have Home Depot stock or MAC Tools stock, so you don't miss out on all of your re-investment.

You should grab his play station or x-box or computer what ever the kid is attached too, and happen to misplace it until he either buys himself a new one or locates your stuff! If he had to buy a 200 1/2 Corless Drill doubt he would be so flippin. If nothing else you can peddle his stuff on Ebay and buy what you need.

When I did this same thing as your son some 25 years ago, I was looking at the backside of a 2 in leather strap, (Now I am not condoning beating your child but I was as big as my Dad (he was 32 at the time, 6'2 220) at 15 and like a pitt bull did not understand a whole lot other than a 2x4). Never happened again and now I have about every Electric hand tool made, and 3 sets of sockets, wrenches, screw drivers.

I wish I had the patience of a Teenage Parent.

Good Luck,
RAW_TAZ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My father was a mechanic and had several tools at home and at the shop..I received for my 10th b-day a small box and tools(some used from him) and a few new....and was told you lose it you need it ,,you buy it...Lesson well learned.....I'm mechanic by trade 20 plus years buying tools....My son will be 1 july 1st....and When he gets old enough,,I'll follow in my fathers footsteps and do the same... :) ... and yes I still have most of what he gave me...doesnt get used though,,plan on handing them down... :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here , Here " traysvega " My number #1 son lost over $1500 of my tools but he has put a smile on my face worth that amount times 100. He has turned out to be a great shade tree machanic. I started him out with a $200 car Pontiac , on to a full size Bronce with a 351 mod. and his on-going project car is a '73 Grand Torino. From a 351 C to a 429. He has put a Chevy 350 into a Jeep Cherokee, rebuilt American and foreign car motors. He has a bike and rides with me all the time and is only 24 years old. I am a very proud father. And I also have a #2 and #3 son to follow, Plus 2 girls. I guess I will just keep going to a few more garge sale where the wife's are selling off the husband's tools when he is not looking..... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
THIS is why they make LOCKS for the tool chest!

Currently, ALL my boys (2 of them) tools are plastic...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Black Streak said:
Here , Here " traysvega " My number #1 son lost over $1500 of my tools but he has put a smile on my face worth that amount times 100. He has turned out to be a great shade tree machanic. I started him out with a $200 car Pontiac , on to a full size Bronce with a 351 mod. and his on-going project car is a '73 Grand Torino. From a 351 C to a 429. He has put a Chevy 350 into a Jeep Cherokee, rebuilt American and foreign car motors. He has a bike and rides with me all the time and is only 24 years old. I am a very proud father. And I also have a #2 and #3 son to follow, Plus 2 girls. I guess I will just keep going to a few more garge sale where the wife's are selling off the husband's tools when he is not looking..... :D :D :D
That is a LOT of kids Streak.. you do know about these things they make called "condoms" right? All the fun, none of the noisy crying things you get 9 months later? 8)

hehe.. just kidding, love kids, but don't have the patience to actual have any that I can't send home to my brother and sister when they get to be a pain ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmmm! Many interesting replies. My son does have his own tools. I have'nt seen them for awhile, maybe that is why he keeps using mine.

oldfart

1 - 19 of 19 Posts