M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you hate getting stuck at that light on your way home that stays red FOREVER!!?? You wait for the light to cycle a couple times and say,"Screw it...There's no cops around!!" and blow the red??!! LOL!! This usually happens because you are on a motorcycle and the underground sensor that "senses" you, doesnt work because your too light weight. Wonder if this would really work!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RLC-...ryZ34284QQihZ014QQitemZ330006648153QQtcZphoto

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If I recall correctly, Sled had a problem like that and wondered if they really work.

Are you going to buy one of these and report back to us?
:doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure thinking about it!! I have a couple of lights like that in my area!! If I do buy it....I will for sure let you all know!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Re: Stuck at a red light?? Sensor under the road can't detect you?? Check this o

On advice from some here. o make sure I ride right up one of the coils and it works for me.
Some of the older intersections only have one large loop, and then you have to go to the edge of your lane.
The newer ones have a double loop with a line down the center (covered in oil) If you go right over it there is no problem for me any more

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
If you are after a 'super strong' magnet to try the theory out..the Magnatron in modern microwaves has a composite magnet that is unbelievably strong..handy for other things where a big 'super magnet' is required. If you have an old microwave lying around and like wrecking things?.....two of these magnets are almost impossible to pull apart without leverage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Stuck at a red light?? Sensor under the road can't detect you?? Check this o

Check your states statutes, in MN...

Sec. 42. Minnesota Statutes 2000, section 169.06, is amended by adding a subdivision to read: Subd. 9. [AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE RELATING TO UNCHANGING TRAFFIC CONTROL SIGNAL.]
(a) A person operating a motorcycle who violates subdivision 4 by entering or crossing an intersection controlled by a traffic-control signal against a red light has an affirmative defense to that charge if the person establishes all of the following conditions:
(1) the motorcycle has been brought to a complete stop;
(2) the traffic-control signal continues to show a red light for an unreasonable time;
(3) the traffic-control signal is apparently malfunctioning or, if programmed or engineered to change to a green light only after detecting the approach of a motor vehicle, the signal has apparently failed to detect the arrival of the motorcycle; and
(4) no motor vehicle or person is approaching on the street or highway to be crossed or entered or is so far away from the intersection that it does not constitute an immediate hazard.
(b) The affirmative defense in this subdivision applies only to a violation for entering or crossing an intersection controlled by a traffic-control signal against a red light and does not provide a defense to any other civil or criminal action.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ppridgen1 said:
like the 700 lbs of steel sitting over the coilwire doesn't set it off already :doorag:
Obviously 700lbs of metal doesnt always set it off....or they wouldnt make a product like this!!! ::)

·
Registered
116 Posts

sledzep01 said:
On advice from some here. o make sure I ride right up one of the coils and it works for me.
Some of the older intersections only have one large loop, and then you have to go to the edge of your lane.
The newer ones have a double loop with a line down the center (covered in oil) If you go right over it there is no problem for me any more

Sledzep
I have had the same results, I just look for where the line is buried in the pavement, make sure I am on top and the light has turned without fail.

·
Registered
516 Posts

I had this happen to me once, all I did was pull in my clutch and put the kickstand down to touch the pavement, then it triggered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hellrazr72 said:
Obviously 700lbs of metal doesnt always set it off....or they wouldnt make a product like this!!! ::)
There are a lot more motorcycles that way a lot less than 700 lbs. Maybe this is for them. My bike hasn't had any problems tripping the lights in my area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ppridgen1 said:
Obviously 700lbs of metal doesnt always set it off....or they wouldnt make a product like this!!! Â
lol and that's why they can sell em!they say there's one born every minute.There is a company that makes your vehicle nearly invisible to radar too! Or at least that's what their adds said,but when tested the actually made it show up on radar at twice the normal acquisition distance! But they sold the hell outta them things until then!
Well i have had this happen to me on the 109 at two different lights in my area!! Thats why I posted this!! Maybe the little light fairies work in your favor in your town....not always in mine!! Go harass someone else bitch!! Why do you always come and phuck up my posts!!??

·
Registered
230 Posts
OK guys, I tried these little devices and had NO luck what so ever. Hope you guys have more luck than me.
My .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts