M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
Ok honestly...I would lose the ones on the fenders and debadge the tank. But opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and most of them stink. Other than that it looks cool. Looks like you are ready to go on a long ride.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pizzmor said:
Ok honestly...I would lose the ones on the fenders and debadge the tank. But opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and most of them stink. Other than that it looks cool. Looks like you are ready to go on a long ride.
I considered debadging but I'm most likely gonna send everything out for painting next winter. I just thought a little contrast to the black might look better 8).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
I plan on adding ghost flames on mine. I like the concept but the flames look like there to close to each other. I would flair them out a little more I also like them on the fender but again flair out just a little. Just my opinion :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Looks good! About the only thing I would do would be de-badge it.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Silver M10niner said:
IÂ plan on adding ghost flames on mine. I like the concept but the flames look like there to close to each other. I would flair them out a little more I also like them on the fender but again flair out just a little. Just my opinion :D
I want ghost flames too similar to this:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Gradona,

What kind of bag is that? I've seen these before, just never caught the brand name. Also, how did you attach it? I can see the bungees, but does it also loop under the seat?

Thanks
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted said:
Gradona,

What kind of bag is that? I've seen these before, just never caught the brand name. Also, how did you attach it? I can see the bungees, but does it also loop under the seat?

Thanks
It's called a LazyRider bag. Yes I have another bungee running under the seat. Once I get a backrest I can velcro it to the backrest (It also comes with a velcro strap).

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.lazyrider.com/

If you decide you want one tell them up front that you are a member of Intruder Alert (another message board) and you will get a automatic 10 percent off the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
The windshield and touring bag is throwing me a bit. Not used to seeing a 109'er toured up like that. The jury is still out. I think I like it but flames and windshields with touring packs don't go well together. I wouldn't think of an Ultra Glide as a muscle bike. We've reached a decision, we like the flames without the touring package - unless ofcourse you were heading out for the weekend when you took the pic. :confused: :confused: :confused:
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OYChoppa said:
The windshield and touring bag is throwing me a bit. Not used to seeing a 109'er toured up like that. The jury is still out. I think I like it but flames and windshields with touring packs don't go well together. I wouldn't think of an Ultra Glide as a muscle bike. We've reached a decision, we like the flames without the touring package - unless ofcourse you were heading out for the weekend when you took the pic. :confused: :confused: :confused:
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa
The flames are something I want. The Bag and Windshield are (unfortunately) things I need. Untill someone starts making accessories I need storage and wind protection. The Ideal situation would be a Corbin Trim Tab for wind protection and I am not sure what you can do to create storage without detracting from the look. C'mon Vendors, get off your asses and start makin stuff for this bike :verymad:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
For storage I want to mount the rear seat and get a nice relativlely short sissy bar/backrest with a small rack.
Then find a small rigid? leather trunk to mount there mostly permanently. This I hope will still look slick, I will always be ready for the wife...
PLUS I can then strap my bacpack and laptop to the backrest and ride to work!
Some thing shaped a little like this. I know this is a tank bag... imagine this on the luggage rack with the bike facing to the right..



Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Stripes are well done..agree about debadging..would think that screen will 'meld' better if lower to the headlight shroud and raked back to follow the shroud/tacho lines..nice bag..I need something like that to carry a minimum of stuff from time to time. Very Nice!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top