M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called my dealer this morning to see how they were doing on my 109 and was told it was ready to pick up.
Arriving at the service department I was told there in nothing wrong with the bike and that the oil had been changed and the right amount put in. The tech also told me to expect some overflow from the engine. Arrived at home and it is still leaking. They also mounted my new turns signals in the wrong place. I told them I wanted the lights mounted to the rear strut hole and they mounted them on the license frame housing where the origianals were previously mounted. I think I am going to a different dealership to have the bike worked on from now on.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
It is possible that they never fully cleaned out the airfilter assembly... you could have the perfect amount of oil and the old stuff would still leak out.
Someone had already posted that it had happened to them that way.

Next batter!!

Sledzep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will check the air filters myself. I should have done the work myself, but figured I would let the dealer do it, is'nt that what the warranty is for?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think these days the warranty is like your insurance, use at your own risk. What a #$%^&  :mad: , sorry to hear you have had such problems trying to enjoy something you spent good money on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is supposed to be another dealership in my area but I have not been able to locate them. There is no listing in the phone book and talking to people who live and work has'nt helped either. I am going to post a message to l-train and get the details from him.

·
Registered
78 Posts
moto said:
when i take my bike in for oil change i tell'm not to use the gun, just pour quarts.
Well unless you are there watching I wouldn't count on that. Stupid 10/hr tech don't care. Do it yourself. I would hate
to be worried about it on the way home from the dealer if they did overfill it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
oldfart said:
There is supposed to be another dealership in my area but I have not been able to locate them. There is no listing in the phone book and talking to people who live and work has'nt helped either. I am going to post a message to l-train and get the details from him.
From what you said previously, you are in the SLC area? Are you going to Honda / Suzuki of SL? If so, here is a link to the dealerships in the SLC area, as found on Suzuki's website:

http://suzukicycles.com/DealerLocator/84118/Default.aspx

This includes the dealership in Draper. To get there, go to the Draper / Riverton exit from I-15, go East to the stoplight with Del Taco on the corner. Turn South on that road. It turns into the frontage road. You will go past the Nat'l Guard building. Look for a road that heads East. I think there is a very small car dealership on the corner. The second building in is the bike dealership. You should see ATVs out front.

Hope this helps......still anxiously awaiting my chance to buy the 109...just hope the housing market stays hot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your reply. I went there earlier today. They are in the process of moving to their new site and will not be open until this upcoming Thursday.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks for posting that rideutah. Too bad about Honda Suzuki. I have bought several bikes from them over the years and have always had good service. But you can't have guys servicing the bike that can't service it properly. Even if it is just the airbox they should have cleaned it out.

Escape in Provo has been awesome for me. To bad you aren't closer to them.

Hopefully Draper works out for you.

Good luck!

P.S. Did the Alpine Loop yesterday. It was really good riding.

I will let you know when we ride north next time and invite you alone.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Question for both L-Train and oldfart: Did the dealership flex at all on your price when you bought the bike? As mentioned before, I'm about a month away from getting mine and it would be nice to have some background knowledge of how the local dealerships might work with me. I will be paying for the whole thing right off (no loan). I know the local market here in Utah can often be very different than markets in other parts of the country, so I would love to hear what local dealers have to say.

You might want to PM me the answers in case one of you got a better deal than the other. :redfaced: Don't want any frustration caused by that.

I did go into that Draper dealership the other day to see what stock they had. They pulled a couple of sales gimmicks on me that I didn't appreciate. Said 'these are the only ones we are going to get until fall'. Another guy was in there that had just bought one from Honda Suzuki of SL, grabbed the unknowing salesman and said that he had a quote from Honda Suzuki for $12.8k out the door, and if he could beat that he would buy today. Salesman came back with a #, and the guy pointed to me as the potential buyer, then walked out. Salesman backpedalled when he found he had been played, and gave me a quote at $12,790. With that kind of game-playing I would go to Honda Suzuki, but I'm guessing you can get it cheaper than that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know anything about the dealership in Draper? I am just hoping their service department will be better. I calle suzuki today and complained about the oil problem and the quality of service I had been recieving. Hope that will make a difference in the type of service they give to 109 owners. I got mine for 11,500 plus tax and license and the total price was less than that. I also added the 4 year extended warranty for $500. Don't know if that is a good deal or not. Anyway whoever will give you the best price. You can always change dealerships if you have problems with service. If you go go to Honda/Suzuki of Salt Lake talk to Barry and tell him Reed George sent you in. He knows who I am, (purchased the 109 through him). I would be interesting to see what they would do. Also, if I remember correctly they are having an all night sale some time in June. You might want to find out when that is. It could be a good time for a decent price.

Luck, Reed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts