M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting a boat trailer to carry my 109, although I have strapped dirt bikes, they were not as special as my 9.
The trailer is just long enough for the 9, as the front wheel will be right at the very front (the very narrow part).

The issue I have is in the fron were is V's up, and the straps will be straight down, Also with the tach, were it is located, where do I put the tie hooks on th bars?

I plan on strapping over the back tire in the rear, ant other locations you guys would recommend..

Just want to keep th beast safe.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I just got my bike off a trailer not too long ago. I had the straps wrapped around the risers at the triple tree with both hooks of the rachet strap going to the tie down point on the trailer.

For the rear, do not use the passenger peg brackets as you will bow them outward. I ran a strap through the rim, but found another spot to put a hook. In the tail subframe there is a hole on the inside of the fender directly above the passenger peg bracket. You can put a hook in there and compress the rear shock that way.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have a golf cart trailer with a ramp that the bike just fits on. I put 2 4x4 blocks of wood at the front to chak the front wheel. I trailered it to Galveston,Tx & taking it home tomorrow over 4 hour trip. I have straps that have a loop of nylon that you wrap the hooks around the handlebar to the loop. That works fine. You just want the straps to angle out far enough as not to be straight down as the bike will not be stable enough.
On mine, I have a metal loop ( as SVZuki stated ) right behind the passenger peg. That is where I put the straps on the back. With the tie downs for the back, you do not need them to be as tight, just enough pressure to keep the back end from hopping around.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I also strap the rear threw the wheel. If you choose to do that put a
nice clean rag between the strap and the wheel or you will scuff the rim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts