M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 300 miles on her now and I've started noticing a strange "whistling" noise. It seems more noticeable in 1st through 3rd gears at low rpms. It sounds like it's coming from the right side of the bike. I can't tell if it's transmission/engine noise or if it's something loose that the air is hitting. Any ideas?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So is this something that can be adjusted or something. Or do I just get used to it and don't worry about it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same side, squeeling noise, or something... I thought maybe it was a high pitched metallic clink, as if something is rattling, right in the 3000 rpm range on 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears... its WEIRD... It only lasts for a around 1000 RPMs up/down.

It seriously sounds like a belt squealing.... Ugghh, so annoying and it sounds like a junker, but impossible to locate. If its not a big deal, I dont care, but gee how strange!

Gas Mileage still BLOWS at 32 mpg , highest I have gotten was 39.5 with 1100 miles on it! Oh well... It still gets more attention than an AK-47 at a Police Stand-off! :cop: :bigthumbsup:

C3 :D

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I never got better than 35, and now I am down to 28....
Although I ride all back roads to work and cant remember the last time I was in 5th gear, hell I am hardly ever even in 4th.
I usually keep the revs high in 3rd and practice my cornering whenever I can.

The best? part is that my car used to 32mpg and now I get 19 because my foot is ALWAYS in it when I drive because it is so much slower than the bike...

Sledzep

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am taking the bike in next week. My squeeling noise sounds like a timing belt or pulley on a CAR!!

I hope its nothing wretched but I suspect its in the motor!

C3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts