M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Temecula/Murrietta California area have an extra clutch cable?

Mine snapped as I pulled into my brother's drive way. Temecula Motorsports says it will be 5 Days before they can get 1 in.

Note to self: Carry an extra!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You can also try posting this in the California forum.

Also, have you tried any other dealers? There should be plenty of Suzuki dealers in SoCal to help you out. Good luck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
O man! Im sorry to hear that! Mine snapped on me the weekend before we met at Toms Farm. Silverhorse was my lifesaver as he had an extra. I still havent ordered my new one to have for a spare.

Once you get the new cable there is a great how-to on here that made my life alot easier.

Good luck,
Jason

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
You guys mention about carrying a spare. Does this mean this is a easy quick fix to change a broken cable?
If you carry a long piece of string with you, you can do it in 15-20 minutes tops. You tie the string to the top of the old cable and use it to pull the new cable down through the neck and radiator covers, then just shove it by hand to the transmission connection. The tools in the tool kit on the bike aren't much, but they are good enough to change the cable.

I carry my spare in one of the saddlebags on my wife's bike, and the string is tied around it to hold it in a loop.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
What some folks do is get an extra, and wire-tie (zip-tie) it in place right next to the existing cable. Thus when the original breaks, you got another already routed. Connect the ends and ride on.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I carried mine hidden behind the radiator shroud. I changed my cable out 3 different times and after the first time it was only 15 minute job.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
What some folks do is get an extra, and wire-tie (zip-tie) it in place right next to the existing cable. Thus when the original breaks, you got another already routed. Connect the ends and ride on.
Thats a great idea!! Just coil up the top part behind the headlight, so I dont have to look at it LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think it has something to do with the weather. I mean if I was back home in Va my bike would be sitting in the garage with a heating blanket keeping her warm. No way that would snap a cable. :-\

Jason

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the posts. Great ideas! It's still under warrantee so I'll have the dealer fix it tomorrow . But I'm going to keep a spare. Nothing like riding 75 miles in a tow truck to make you think.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it has something to do with the weather. I mean if I was back home in Va my bike would be sitting in the garage with a heating blanket keeping her warm. No way that would snap a cable. :-\

Jason
It's the weather and the stop and go traffic .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts