M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my headlight. A metal piece popped off that pushed the bulb housing out. How to put it back on???

Help, stranded an losing daylight!!

·
Radio Active Member
22,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
See if this helps you out. At about the 7 minute mark he starts removing the stock bulb to install an LED bulb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
See if this helps you out. At about the 7 minute mark he starts removing the stock bulb to install an LED bulb.
Yes I saw this one but he doesn’t record getting the clip back in.

·
Radio Active Member
22,745 Posts
I didn't watch it to the end as I wanted to get you something quick. Does that clip not just hook in two holes on one side of the bulb and then flip over to the other side to latch? It's been a long time since I've been into mine but I don't remember it ever coming completely off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't watch it to the end as I wanted to get you something quick. Does that clip not just hook in two holes on one side of the bulb and then flip over to the other side to latch? It's been a long time since I've been into mine but I don't remember it ever coming completely off.
I don’t see where it goes into on the other side. Is my first time changing it so when I took it off by loosening the screw it popped off with the bulb and I didn’t see how it was set first. Thanks for your help

·
Radio Active Member
22,745 Posts
Can you take a picture of what the clip looks like and the area of the bulb where you think it came from? I hate leaving you stranded.

·
Radio Active Member
22,745 Posts
I'm not sure if they changed the way the bulb is held in on later models, but the manual for my 07 shows how the bulb is removed. It's on page 7-37. The screw is what holds down the retaining clip and doesn't need to be removed to take out the bulb. You just squeeze the clip in to release it from under either a tab on one side or a tab on both sides. Once you lock it in under the tab(s) on the side of the bulb, the pressure from the clip holds the bulb in place.

Lay the clip in so it is positioned over the screw and you should be able to tell how it would lock in and hold the bulb in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts