M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm new to the site so forgive some rookie mistakes. I'm a big dude (6'6", 265lbs - athletic) so riding this thing is a JOY!!!! But, I want to add some straight risers to the 9 so that my arms stretch out a bit more. I found these on this site:

http://www.lickscycles.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=205&products_id=1628

I'm not sure but I think these are for Harley's. If so, can I use these on the 9? If not, can someone point me in the direction of some straight risers that I can use? :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response JDMitchell. I've gone to MeanCycles and I haven't seen any straight risers on that sight. LickCycles had some but I can't tell if they're for Harley's or if they're universal.

And THANKS FOR THE WELCOME! Nice to be among fellow 9ers.

·
Registered
738 Posts
As long as the risers have tapped holes in the bottom (two per side), you can change the bolts to whatever is tapped into them. The only problem would be if the risers aren't set up for the diameter of the handlebar. That too can be changed, and probably should be if you need a different shape (push or pull back).

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I ended up making my own adjustable sets however as long as the risers are metric with the right thread size ( or smaller so you can drill and tap bigger ) you should be good to go . As long as the risers will take a 1" bar you should be good to go, could always add a bit of knurling to the bars to thicken them or take some off the flats of the riser caps to tighten them.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hello All,

I'm new to the site so forgive some rookie mistakes. I'm a big dude (6'6", 265lbs - athletic) so riding this thing is a JOY!!!! But, I want to add some straight risers to the 9 so that my arms stretch out a bit more. I found these on this site:

http://www.lickscycles.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=205&products_id=1628

I'm not sure but I think these are for Harley's. If so, can I use these on the 9? If not, can someone point me in the direction of some straight risers that I can use? :D
I saw some "pullback" risers on Ebay last year, they were shorter than stock by one inch or two. I will see if I can find the link for you tonight when I get home...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.