M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody ruining straight drag bars? Have searched and only found the vtx style bars and cut stock bars. Would love to see pics. I want the bars further forward on the bike.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
a guy named jazzman did it. they were quicly replaced with trimmed down stock bars. he said they were uncomfortable

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is anybody ruining straight drag bars? Have searched and only found the vtx style bars and cut stock bars. Would love to see pics. I want the bars further forward on the bike.
Consider dumping whatever risers you have and starting from there. Put on shorter/different risers and it will open up a lot of non-drag bar options for you. Personally, straight drag bars put my hands in a very uncomfortable position, unless they were very,very narrow. YMMV.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Consider dumping whatever risers you have and starting from there. Put on shorter/different risers and it will open up a lot of non-drag bar options for you. Personally, straight drag bars put my hands in a very uncomfortable position, unless they were very,very narrow. YMMV.
The risers Ive found that are sold for the 9 do not seem to put the bars where I want them. You can get drag bars pretty cheap and was just curious if anyone was using them. I have never rode a bike with drag bars, and can definitely see them being uncomfortable. I wasnt really set on them but I think I will just scratch that idea. I suppose just about any riser should work as long as the bolt fits through the hole. Ive seen one guy on here with a yellow LE using little shorty risers.

P.S. Whats YMMV ??? :redfaced:

·
Registered
204 Posts
The risers Ive found that are sold for the 9 do not seem to put the bars where I want them. You can get drag bars pretty cheap and was just curious if anyone was using them. I have never rode a bike with drag bars, and can definitely see them being uncomfortable. I wasnt really set on them but I think I will just scratch that idea. I suppose just about any riser should work as long as the bolt fits through the hole. Ive seen one guy on here with a yellow LE using little shorty risers.

P.S. Whats YMMV ??? :redfaced:
Your Mileage May Vary :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do you have issues with the bars hitting the tank when you turn them as far as they go in either direction?
Hi Dabigfella.
No I have´nt problem, but it is tight

Maybe I can fix photos if you are interested.

Regards Håkan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts