M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to this website and hopefully I'm a soon-to-be owner of an M109R. I need to sell my Harley Deuce first. And then I'll be at a Suzuki dealer to put in an order for a Limited Edition M109R. I just wish dealerships allowed test rides without needing a commitment to buy the bike. But yes, I've come to realize Harleys aren't the best on the market and I want to try metric. What I would like to know about the M109R, are there any storage compartments on it somewhere? Does that plastic seat piece detach easily? If so, is there much room under to put maybe a pair of glasses, gloves, EZ-Pass, rag, etc.... I'm so used to my Harley having a fork bag, but that doesn't seem like an option for the M109R. Any comments would be welcome.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I keep some of the paperwork in a waterproof bag under the seat. Otherwise, I bought a magnetic tank bag for when I need storage.

·
Registered
600 Posts
You have to take the front seat off and unbolt the rear plastic cowl to get it off, so it's not a real convenient place to store things :dontknow: There's not much clearance under it, either. There's a little room under the seat for a rag, the manual and other paperwork. If I'm not gonna throw the saddle bags on, I just carry what will fit in my jacket pockets. I've seen a few pictures of fork bags mounted just below the tach and one mounted on the drive shaft cover.

·
Registered
134 Posts
not much room under seat, I use the tank bag with magnet set up also. :welcome:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I've put a light pair of gloves and a rag under mime before, that's about all you'll get under the seat. ::)

Post some pictures when you get your new ride. :doorag:

·
Registered
665 Posts
If ya wanna carry anything in warm weather,a tank bag is the way to go! Good ones won't scratch your paint either! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lamonster said:
I've put a light pair of gloves and a rag under mime before, that's about all you'll get under the seat. ::)

Post some pictures when you get your new ride. :doorag:
If Ya get him to stand up you might be able to get more under there. Don't know why you'd want to though. :joke:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ive got a Tank Bag & works OK.

Only issue is being able to see the Speedo on the 109s.

Im a short ass 5ft 8 so its a bit of a prob.

Wouldnt want the :cop: catching me for speeding as too $$$$$$

Especially down in Oz. Red Hot !!!! :cus:

Toying with setting up the tank Bag on Pillion seat as has side Flaps.

Fatcat downunder in Oz

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is what I use for day and night glasses, rag and gloves. It's 10 x 4 x 2.5. Works out great for small things. I also moved my tach up 1 1/2" to clear the bag

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I got a RapidTransit Recon-19 magnetic tank bag. Works really well, has built in straps and plenty of space. Currently has 2 sets of gloves (not including the mechanix gloves), all my registration paperwork and whatever else I needed to squeeze into it. Comes with built in ports for hydration bladder also. Paid retail for it, but since I bought it on short notice I expected that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As stated above, there is not much room under the seat. I keep a Pocket tire plugger kit, 6 little air bottles jammed in the gaps and a little tire gauge near the battery. I stuffed the adapter for the air bottles in the tool kit and there is no room for anything else. I have not needed much more than that over the years on any bike. The more space you have the more crap you tend to carry with you that you don't need anyways.

Col

·
Registered
665 Posts
DaltonH said:
I got a RapidTransit Recon-19 magnetic tank bag. Works really well, has built in straps and plenty of space. Currently has 2 sets of gloves (not including the mechanix gloves), all my registration paperwork and whatever else I needed to squeeze into it. Comes with built in ports for hydration bladder also. Paid retail for it, but since I bought it on short notice I expected that.
                                                                                                                                                                                                  +1 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
DaltonH said:
I got a RapidTransit Recon-19 magnetic tank bag. Works really well, has built in straps and plenty of space. Currently has 2 sets of gloves (not including the mechanix gloves), all my registration paperwork and whatever else I needed to squeeze into it. Comes with built in ports for hydration bladder also. Paid retail for it, but since I bought it on short notice I expected that.
+1 :bigthumbsup: man I love that bag, keep my papers in the glove box under the seat ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts