M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I took an MSF Intermediate riding course since I haven't had a bike
in a few years.  Great course by the way and definitely worth while.  Anyhow, near the end of the
course they test you on stopping distance after passing between two cones.  They had me run the
braking test twice because the numbers didn't make any sense to them.   According to the MSF book,
a bike this size shouldn't be able to stop that quickly..   My M109 stopped 15 feet shorter than their
book said that it should!!!!    Awesome....nice job Suzuki    :D

Chuck

·
Registered
514 Posts
You should say thanks to all of the sport bikes riders who Suzuki brought the forks and brakes over from. There is a reason they advertise it's from a sport bike...... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
How far does the book say you should be able to do a quick stop in, and how far did you actually stop in?

What speed were you going at as well, just curious?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I didn't ask about the total distance, probably because the temps had reached 108 degrees and we
were all ready to be leave. The minimum speed was 20 mph and I was going closer to 25 mph. Other bikes in the
class were mostly Honda cruisers and various harleys including one V-rod. I felt like I was cheating most of the time
because the bike handled so well as slow speed (which suprised me) and because of the massive torque, I barely touched
the clutch. The Vrod guy kept killing his engine trying to keep that thing going at slow speeds.

-Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts