M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news is they said yes.... Bad news is that it was to the tune of $65 a pull. Still working on them but for now they are saying niether they or myself can tune my bike. They will only strap the bike to the dyno and do 1 pull for 65$. If I need to make an adjustment I can only do it after they pull the bike back out, and then they want another $65 to do another pull so I can test my changes.

Funny thing is they want 95$/Hr to tune an HD but won't give me an hour worth of pulls for 95$....

Anyway... during the course of my debating with them I found this on the counter and couldn't help but laugh my @$$ off!

Look Here :agree:
Never seen an add like that at any of the metric bike shops.... :a20:
I guess the HD shop wants to make sure you can get help when you break down.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
J R said:
That aint just to bad.If ya have dyno nights or bike nights try and find one of those guys they usually get like 30 bucks for 3 pulls and stuff with no tuning :dontknow: I guess for 65 bucks that aint to bad to give ya a base line if ya dont think theres anywhere else.Im not to familiar with your area :doorag:
There is the shop that tuned my bike, but they are 2 hours away... much more reasonable (150$ for a custom map) but far.

My thinking is I will get this pipe put together and take it to the dyno before I make any cuts to the Heat Shielding... that way if I cant tune it to make decent power / Tq I can go back...

Did you see the add on that sheet? (Bottom Center)

·
Registered
350 Posts
"Did you see the add on that sheet? (Bottom Center)"

Yeah, but it looks like they're going to try to ride 'em almost 200 miles in one day.  And 30 miles of that is NON-STOP!! :eek:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whiteout said:
"Did you see the add on that sheet? (Bottom Center)"

Yeah, but it looks like they're going to try to ride 'em almost 200 miles in one day. And 30 miles of that is NON-STOP!! :eek:
Good Point! Probably the reason for the pre-arranged pick up Vehicle... :joke:

their "points of interest" for bikers is a quilt shop?
Perhaps for the ones more in touch with their feminine side?
:D

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
JUtah said:
Good news is they said yes.... Bad news is that it was to the tune of $65 a pull. Still working on them but for now they are saying niether they or myself can tune my bike. They will only strap the bike to the dyno and do 1 pull for 65$. If I need to make an adjustment I can only do it after they pull the bike back out, and then they want another $65 to do another pull so I can test my changes.

Funny thing is they want 95$/Hr to tune an HD but won't give me an hour worth of pulls for 95$....

Anyway... during the course of my debating with them I found this on the counter and couldn't help but laugh my @$$ off!

they skip a good part of 62e from north of Rogers AR to Eureka Springs and on past. I guess they are afraid of leaving Harley Parts on the curves too. Some killer roads up that way. :bigthumbsup:
                            Look Here :agree:
Never seen an add like that at any of the metric bike shops.... :a20:
I guess the HD shop wants to make sure you can get help when you break down.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ppridgen1 said:
not one but two quilt shops.....guess when you haul your bike around in the pig-up truck or the trailer you use to take it everywhere a quilt comes in handy ,.......to keep the paint from getting scratched up
Could also be that they use them to keep the dripping oil from getting all over the bed of the truck... :joke:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Oh my, seriously, thanks for the laughs guys.

Short story, Some of my riding buddies and I last season went for a ride from here in N. Alabama going to Gatlinburg, Tn. for just a one-day quick turn around. There was Mike on a Honda Shadow, Rob on a V-Max, Me on my former Honda CBR and John on his Harley low-rider (yes, a Motley Crue, LOL) A couple hundred miles from home, yelp get to Pigeon Forge and the Harley goes to sputtering, he fools with it and we make it on up the Mountain into Gatlinburg have lunch and contemplate going into Cherokee a little ways before returning home. Go back out to the bikes, yep, the Harley starts again cutting out in the first block. Come to find out, it was the battery cable where it leads into the starter. So much vibration, it a vibrated the cable almost all the way into and was intermittently cutting the power to the bike. We finally got back home around midnight that day, John nor his Harley has yet lived that day down.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
silverRocket: You should join us for the dragstrip days! A few of us have made the dragstrip in Huntsville, and some others & I rode down to Steele, AL for the 1/4 mile strip.

...and, well, I ride darn near everywhere and would love to have another ride along for a ride or few.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
wildwolf---- I just sent you a PM with my info.

·
Registered
936 Posts
well i must be lucky,there's a dealer in my neighborhood does 3 runs for 50 dollars. thats a std with air fuel mixture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts