M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone I had a friend of mine that just got his 3 week old 2007 white M109 ripped off yesterday.  :verymad: :verymad: He parked it in the Lowes parking lot in Garland TX. and witnesses said they seen 6 guys pick it up and put it in the back of a truck. He just paid cash for it after selling his VMax and didn't have any insurance on it. So if they are just picking them up then wheel locks won't even help. :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
What sucks is that the witnesses didn't think to take down a tag number or call the police. I imagine if police got a call saying a motorcycle was being stolen at Lowes and gave them the tag # they would have been caught. BTW, physically lifting bikes to steal them is nothing new. That's how so many get stolen at the big bike weeks like Daytona and Myrtle Beach. Another way was just stick a 2x4 under the triple tree and lift the front and roll it on the rear wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,343 Posts
That definately sucks! Im pretty sure I would kill someone if I saw them trying to boost my 9 :verymad:
 
G

·
In Daytona it only takes 4 to steal a bike, not six. I thought Texas boys were tougher!

J/K, sorry about your friends loss. It sure is a shame he couldn't shell out the extra clams for insurance though. It would have prevented this from being a total loss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
m109okie said:
Hey, everyone I had a friend of mine that just got his 3 week old 2007 white M109 ripped off yesterday. :verymad: :verymad: He parked it in the Lowes parking lot in Garland TX. and witnesses said they seen 6 guys pick it up and put it in the back of a truck. He just paid cash for it after selling his VMax and didn't have any insurance on it. So if they are just picking them up then wheel locks won't even help. :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:
This is just one of the reasons I carry this. Let 6 guys try to carry my bike off and I bet I ventilate all six of them in less than 3 seconds. (.45 caliber)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
damn, sorry for your friend. not much you can do when they are willing to go to those measures. sounds like even an alarm wouldn't have helped, since the witnesses were too chicken $#@% to do anything about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
M109LOVER said:
This is just one of the reasons I carry this. Let 6 guys try to carry my bike off and I bet I ventilate all six of them in less than 3 seconds. (.45 caliber)
Good thought, but has 2 problems. First, the guy didn't see it happen, so having a gun would have been no good. Second, I'm not sure about where you live, but where I live, you cannot legally shoot someone to prevent your property from being jacked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, you would think if someone saw 6 guys loading a motorcycle they would at least call the PD or get the store manager to. But even to make things worse, He divorced his wife 3 months ago. I asked him if she was still around town. And maybe he needed to look her up.  :cus: :swear: :cus: :swear:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Terrible to hear your friends story...but how can someone invest 12k in a motorized vehicle that is suseptible to a crash at any given moment...and not spend a couple hundred on insurance ?

You say he paid cash for the bike...if he had 12k+... he had a few hundred laying around somewhere to pay for insurance or put it on a credit card...not a good move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Good thought, but has 2 problems. First, the guy didn't see it happen, so having a gun would have been no good. Second, I'm not sure about where you live, but where I live, you cannot legally shoot someone to prevent your property from being jacked.
When your outnumbered and up against six felons your allowed to use a gun. (Don't worry. all the entry holes will be in the front of the subjects)

And I am in the great state of Florida.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
And I am in the great state of Florida.
heh, i love their new gun law.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
vtxoak said:
Why would yo put the bike on the street without insurance??? :eek:
I imagine he had liability... which is required by law. It's the comprehensive/collision/theft part that he probably didn't have. Still not worth it to save a little money though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
toneout said:
In Daytona it only takes 4 to steal a bike, not six. I thought Texas boys were tougher!

J/K, sorry about your friends loss. It sure is a shame he couldn't shell out the extra clams for insurance though. It would have prevented this from being a total loss.
Hey now.... Easy thar pardner. Seems this was Okies doin the lifting

Sucks.... :eek: Insurance can be a wonderful thing
 
G

·
Do you think those boys/gals from Oklahoma can find their way to Garland, TX? Is so I apologize for assuming they were from Texas.
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top