M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some minor but nice mods. last night. Lucky06 came over and debaffled my stock pipes. I was inspired by BobbyMacs thread http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132546 and decided to add some more growl to my stockers.

I also replaced the failing D2 Moto taillight back to stock. I liked the smoked look of the light but was starting to loose some LED's. Actually with my new paint job and the red rim stripes and red Ducks Cover outlines I actually like the stock red taillight on my bike better now. It kind of completes the minor red highlights on the bike. I should have just left well enough alone with that light in the first place I guess :dontknow:

We did the same thing as Bob and used a 3" hold saw bit to cut out the rear baffle. It's about 10" long. There is still another interior baffle with endwall after this one but I left that one in. I decided to put 8ea. 7/16" holes in that remaining wall and was VERY HAPPY with the increased badassness that I heard. :bigthumbsup: That second wall is about 12" back into the pipe and this could be removed as well but my suggestion is to do what I did first and see how you like the sound before trying to mess with taking that on out.

Lucky06 breaking loose the baffle after it was cut. Me replacing the taillight.

10" end baffles removed.

D2 Moto taillight comparison on my bike.

Thanks to:

BobbyMac for the inspiration and technical help & answers.

Lucky06 for sweating his azz off and getting the baffles out.

Mc109 for the perfect condition rear taillight.

:doorag:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Awesome man, can't wait to hear it. No sound at work. I just put my smoke lens in yesterday and wired in the brake alert module. So far so good, lol. I bought the one that also hooks in to the speed sensor.:bigthumbsup: Been raining, so no decent pics yet.

Did you re-seal your light before installing it. I completely took mine apart. The crap they used is just that. I hope it does the trick.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Sounds great, bro. I ALMOST hated to put my Roadhouse pipes on. For anyone that has stock pipes, this mod is the way to go IMHO.

This is the kind of stuff that makes this board so cool. Me, Nathan, and Lucky would never have gotten to be friends if it were not for this board. I appreciate you guys and this forum :bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Sounds great, bro. I ALMOST hated to put my Roadhouse pipes on. For anyone that has stock pipes, this mod is the way to go IMHO.

This is the kind of stuff that makes this board so cool. Me, Nathan, and Lucky would never have gotten to be friends if it were not for this board. I appreciate you guys and this forum :bigthumbsup:.
I agree, I have met a lot of great ppl though internet forums. Good on you guys for helpin him out!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
For anyone that has stock pipes, this mod is the way to go IMHO.

Bobby Mac, I don't want to hijack thread. I have a pretty stock bike but I was having a lot of lean issues. Dealer put a PC-V in for me to correct surging. I asked about doing the debaffel and they told me if I did that I would have to remap. Do you or any other of the gurus know if that is the truth? Again G. Roller, not trying to hijack thread.
Thanx, Larry

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
For anyone that has stock pipes, this mod is the way to go IMHO.

Bobby Mac, I don't want to hijack thread. I have a pretty stock bike but I was having a lot of lean issues. Dealer put a PC-V in for me to correct surging. I asked about doing the debaffel and they told me if I did that I would have to remap. Do you or any other of the gurus know if that is the truth? Again G. Roller, not trying to hijack thread.
Thanx, Larry
I think you should be just fine, bro. I have a PC III and when I did the debaffle, I had no issues at all. In fact, the bike felt like it was more responsive.

I recently put the Roadhouse slip-ons on and I didn't change my bike's map. Again, the bike ran great.

That being said, any change COULD require a re-map, but unless you are concerned about getting every single HP out of every mod you do, you should be fine with what you are running. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you should be just fine........That being said, any change COULD require a re-map, but unless you are concerned about getting every single HP out of every mod you do, you should be fine with what you are running. :bigthumbsup:
:agree: Debaffling the rear baffle isn't gonna require a new map. I'm running a Cobra FI2000R with the stock settings and the bike runs great.

Now if you were to pull out the second and final interior baffle and had a 100% completely hollow stock pipe from cylinder to end of tailpipe that might possibly be what the dealer was talking about. Because really this debaffle mod that Bob & I have done is just a partial debaffle. I feel better leaving the first baffle in and just drilling the holes in it. The sound is great as is and it leaves alittle back pressue in the pipes as well.

I'm not a mechanic or engineer but that's my seat of the pants opinion.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanx Bro. for the info. I appreciate yours & everyones sharing of expertise.
Have a great weekend!
Larry

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanx G.R. So what you did was just took out one and then drilled the holes around the outside. Is that what most do? I read a post about debaffling, So you are not doing the thing on the post where people have to use the saw & the second one is harder to get out. You are not taking the second one out correct?
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
259 Posts
does anyone know if this will effect your inspection on the bike???

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
:agree: Debaffling the rear baffle isn't gonna require a new map. I'm running a Cobra FI2000R with the stock settings and the bike runs great.

Now if you were to pull out the second and final interior baffle and had a 100% completely hollow stock pipe from cylinder to end of tailpipe
the cat and set are still intact. unlike aftermarket pipes this alone provides backpressure I would think?

·
Registered
940 Posts
the cat and set are still intact. unlike aftermarket pipes this alone provides backpressure I would think?
I agree with that. I need to know what kind of extention to drill the inner baffle plate, that's way up in there. I know it would be hard to see what your doing.

That sounds better than some of the after market exaust.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Congrats Nate, nothing better than a free mod. Well I guess you had to pay Chad some food and beeer.

But your pipes still sound kinda quiet to me :eek::D:D:D:D

·
Registered
259 Posts
very nice think im gonna do it this weekend.:drool:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts