M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get your opinions on my rear tire wear. (stocker) 3300 miles. Always kept at 42 psi. I have "peeled out" a handful of times but never any burnouts. Is that all this tire can do? And should I park it until I get another tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yea, I would hold off on riding until you get another. That looks like it is weak in the middle. I had 4k on my stock tire and the only reason I got rid of it was a nail. I wonder if you could have some type of alignment problem on you back axle.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I would hold off on riding until you get another. That looks like it is weak in the middle. I had 4k on my stock tire and the only reason I got rid of it was a nail. I wonder if you could have some type of alignment problem on you back axle.
I don't think I have an alignment problem. The bike is smooth and tracks straight even with no hands. It looks to me like the 42 psi was too much. It's straight down the middle like it was overinflated. :don'tknow:

G

·
I don't think I have an alignment problem. The bike is smooth and tracks straight even with no hands. It looks to me like the 42 psi was too much. It's straight down the middle like it was overinflated. :don'tknow:
I agree. And you need to do some more twisties.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Holy flatlander Batman!!!! Have those tires ever seen a curve :dontknow: Yes it's beyond shot & not safe to ride anymore. You should have gotten another 2,500 - 3,000 miles out of them. I can't hardly believe that's only 3,300 miles. I think I got close to 7,500 miles out of my stock 240 rear tire and they didn't look anywhere near as bad as yours.

Get an upgraded tire......there's millions of threads on tires on this forum.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I would check it against another tire gauge to make sure that it really is 42PSI. But if it is a true 42 psi, it looks like you ride all highway. And I would get a new tire ASAP also as the others have stated.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would check it against another tire gauge to make sure that it really is 42PSI. But if it is a true 42 psi, it looks like you ride all highway. And I would get a new tire ASAP also as the others have stated.
Gonna get an E3 250. Should've ordered one sooner (I will next time) and had it waiting on standby. Feels like I'm penned up now. Good weather. Can't ride.:verymad:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
"peeled out" = "burnout"

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
What I mean is I havent locked the front wheel and just sat there erasing the tread off.
good deal, I got only 4300 miles on my stocker, so I hear ya. lot of power lot of wheel spin. :a18: PS I have the e3 250 great tire at any speed 0-150

·
Registered
711 Posts
Providing you don't abuse the bike and the motorcycle is ridden on normal asphalt you should have no problem getting 10,000 miles out of a stock tire. My opinion.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Providing you don't abuse the bike and the motorcycle is ridden on normal asphalt you should have no problem getting 10,000 miles out of a stock tire. My opinion.
I don't think I've heard anyone on this forum say they've gotten that kind of mileage out of the stocker. Besides if I cant play I might as well have an HD! :edit::edit: I'll pay for tires and continue to ride it like i STOLE IT!!:drool:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Agreed. Here is a photo of my stock tire at 7500 miles. Hope to get another 2500 miles on it before changing the tire.:bigthumbsup:

G

·
I don't think I've heard anyone on this forum say they've gotten that kind of mileage out of the stocker. Besides if I cant play I might as well have an HD! :edit::edit: I'll pay for tires and continue to ride it like i STOLE IT!!:drool:
Lost my tire about 1000 miles early with my puncture, projected about 5500 from the stock rear. Not bad IMO, I RIDE this bike. I won't baby any vehicle over the $400 in tires it takes, which are a consumable.

The brake/tire discussion always makes me laugh, people spend $750 on an air kit, but bi tch about the cost of things that can/will save your life. I guarantee an air kit is not one of them.

But a Stebel is. :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Stocker

Just wanted to get your opinions on my rear tire wear. (stocker) 3300 miles. Always kept at 42 psi. I have "peeled out" a handful of times but never any burnouts. Is that all this tire can do? And should I park it until I get another tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mystocker Dunlop only lasted me 6000.......worn to the cords, worse than this photo. I think they ship with softer cheap tires.....I put metz's on mine....front and back. It's a better tire IMHO.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I got 11k on stock Donlop, went to Metz because everyone was raving over it. Got 7200 on first one and barely over 6000 on the second one. Gone back to Dunlop and have around 7k on it with probably another 3k left. I'll never go back to Mets on the back.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lost my tire about 1000 miles early with my puncture, projected about 5500 from the stock rear. Not bad IMO, I RIDE this bike. I won't baby any vehicle over the $400 in tires it takes, which are a consumable.

The brake/tire discussion always makes me laugh, people spend $750 on an air kit, but bi tch about the cost of things that can/will save your life. I guarantee an air kit is not one of them.

But a Stebel is. :D
I agree. This bike is fun to ride. And I RIDE IT! If I just wanted to putt around, I wouldn't have gotten rid of my VTX1300 for this bike. The VTX looks nice and it's fine for putt putting around, but that's all it will do. It left me wanting more. When I test drove a 9, I was instantly sure this was what I was looking for. Guess I'm a bit of a show off, but to each his own. I appreciate everyone's responses and input.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts