M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been numerous posts about de-baffling. I looked at my pipes today, and wondered why not just drill out the center of the baffle. Use a hole saw bit that fits just inside the baffle, with a long extension. Would this work? Someone else must have thought about doing this....It would be clean and relatively easy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
VTtwinner said:
There have been numerous posts about de-baffling. I looked at my pipes today, and wondered why not just drill out the center of the baffle. Use a hole saw bit that fits just inside the baffle, with a long extension. Would this work? Someone else must have thought about doing this....It would be clean and relatively easy.
Thats what I did , I used a 1 3/8 hole saw and it worked great .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I was hoping for, more bite from the pipes, but not as much as debaffling. I figure that if I want more after doing this, I could debaffle. Any chance you could give us a sound byte Maniac?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, just got my M109R a couple of weeks ago & I am new to the web sight (cool f***** sight very infomative). Have a question about anyone who has done the stock pipe de-baffling job,did it require remapping the computer for fuel,etc.Any tips would be cool. Thanks!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
hummm.. so you are saying to use a long ext on a hole saw.. that fits into the small opening in the pipe and de-gut the thing?? sounds good. i also would like to hear a clip. I want more grunt from the pipes but not that loud. this may be a good option..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also did this and it does give it more thump under a load. takes about 10 minutes. But i like my bikes loud so i am going to DE-BAFFLE! and then next step is hack of the exhaust right before the set just were it goes 2 into 1 and then get a nice chrome turn out. Pretty much what the new FACTORY VROD DESTROYER DRAG BIKES COME WITH! Any ideas about how load that is going to be? :

http://www.Harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Racing/vrxse_destroyer.jsp?bmLocale=en_US

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea good question Matti. I asked a cycle performance shop here in Ohio about debaffling and they said I would need remap. Has anyone had to do this? Or just debaf then ride. Everyone on this site seems to have a great deal of knowlege about bikes. I am new to this bike engine mod thing, so all the knowledge I have gained to this point and I'm sure will gain in the future is greatly aprreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts