M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Much to the Stock pipes weigh? How much weight reduction can be achieved by adding say cobra dragster pipes?

Thanks, :read:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
read lamonts post. i think the weight was in there. search function 4tw

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm hoping you're right. I was just quoting the numbers Lamont posted when he weighed things. Possibly the difference between his figures and yours comes from the bracket work.
Jer

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm not arguing, just hoping you're right. Improving the power to weight issue is part of what it's all about not to mention how much easier it'll be to push if I run out of gas. :p
Jer

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
J R said:
If im wrong it wouldnt be the first time LOL I just scaled out the stuff and wrote it down in my log but heck i guess my scales could be off but they seem to be the same as the race tracks scales? Who knows :bigthumbsup: I wasent meaning it to argue just postin my results :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
How about 50 lbs + or - ;)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm not actually going to weigh them but I'll always be willing to pay a couple of bucks more to save a pound or two. It's left over from those years of riding dirt when we'd drill out everything we could, buy lighter frames, gas tanks, bars, shocks, etc. and throw away anything that wasn't functional.
Jer

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
questions, questions, and more when will the stop :joke:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
stockers are heavy however on a 700lb plus bike I am not sure they matter much ... If you are trying to build a drag bike then you should start from scratch. Trying to get the weight of the 109 seems like a very expensive project as nothing on that bike is liteweigt ...

If I was going to try and dump weight it would be on the top end of the bike for handling, the exhaust is a good place to start however a nice set of custom bent pipes would probably be the least weight.

Anyone make an aluminum frame for the 109 :joke:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts