M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A big OZ "good on you" :bigthumbsup: to the member(s) who posted the step by step details to modify the std 109 pipes. I like the look of them and wanted to keep the clean lines. After reading most of the posts I could find on the subject, I prepared the required tools and forged ahead with the mod. Very pleased with the outcome. The 9's sound match it's looks now.
Also, hat's off to the members who were able to do this work in half an hour. I was a mechanical fitter in a past life and didn't get much change from a little over two.
For anyone contemplating the same mod, here's one more satisfied owner. For reference (hope it works), I've attached video clips for before and after. :tools:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Don't see any videos, but Kudos for taking on the task and doing it yourself...........:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cheers. Video link fixed.
Rayg, you based in Melbourne by any chance? Can't seem to get my hands on the right tools and extensions! :((

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rayg, you based in Melbourne by any chance? Can't seem to get my hands on the right tools and extensions! :((

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi PhoenixRZNG, Out West in Perth. Any decent tool mart should have them. If possible, try to get an extension longer than 12" otherwise you be just shy of the second baffle plate. Take your time with the top pipe and marking out/ pin punching the drill holes on the end plate as the slant on it can be a bit tricky (with the drill bit biting into the baffle tube)

Good luck with locating the tools.:doh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
A big OZ "good on you" :bigthumbsup: to the member(s) who posted the step by step details to modify the std 109 pipes. I like the look of them and wanted to keep the clean lines. After reading most of the posts I could find on the subject, I prepared the required tools and forged ahead with the mod. Very pleased with the outcome. The 9's sound match it's looks now.
Also, hat's off to the members who were able to do this work in half an hour. I was a mechanical fitter in a past life and didn't get much change from a little over two.
For anyone contemplating the same mod, here's one more satisfied owner. For reference (hope it works), I've attached video clips for before and after. :tools:

magnaflow

magnaflow

[/U]
It is a very nice video and reference. The system satisfied me. Excellent work!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rayg,

Hi from another West Oz member. Bigeh is also over this way and I have been meaning to catch up with him for a while now. Unfortunately I have been busy overseas.

I was also thinking about modifying my standard exhausts, bought the hole saw and magnetic pick up but have been unable to locate an extension. Did you buy one (if so where from) or did you already have one? All I have been able to find is a socket extension, which would mean having a small socket on the end to take the hole saw. The problem was this left the hole saw too loose and I expect not aligned very well.

Alternatively the Cobra Swept Exhausts look good, especially with our exchange rate. I'm thinking I may be able to bring a set back as luggage on my next trip to the USA.

Cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
gooday from ANOTHER west aussie

Hi RAYG,,and WEST OZ
Igot an extension from Bunnings,Rham,to do the job, and i think it was about $20..and yes it reached the back baffle.
An easy mod to do ,,,and sounds great:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
wow It only took four years for every one to find out how to de-baffle. Good work guys. :bigthumbsup::joke:

Dave.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
If you really want some added noise, gut the pipes out.......remove the baffles and the back plate entirely and drill some holes in the baffle wall that is left inside:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mark,

Do recall which Bunnings? I tried the ****burn one and they didnt have an extension. I tried AutoOne and the new Marlows (can't recall the new name) also out at ****burn and they didnt have one either. I was going to try ToolMart next, but another Bunnings would be easier to get to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark,

Do recall which Bunnings? I tried the ****burn one and they didnt have an extension. I tried AutoOne and the new Marlows (can't recall the new name) also out at ****burn and they didnt have one either. I was going to try ToolMart next, but another Bunnings would be easier to get to.
Hi WestOZ,

Only saw the response to this thread today. If you still need an extention, you can borrow mine rather than buying one. Let me know and we'll arrange to get it to you. :tools:

·
Registered
108 Posts
use mine

west oz, I got mine from Rockingham,Bunnings. But i too can lend you mine if required:bigthumbsup:. We should try to all catch up for a ride,all us West Aus 9rs,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
west oz, I got mine from Rockingham,Bunnings. But i too can lend you mine if required:bigthumbsup:. We should try to all catch up for a ride,all us West Aus 9rs,
:agree: I'm in. Let's set something up soon, Mark. BTW, did you ever get my rely to the message you sent to my inbox?

Ray

1 - 15 of 15 Posts