M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Does anyone know what the flow rate is on the stock air filters?
You won't unless you flow them yourself. Suzuki doesn't give out those numbers typically. Your limiting factor is the small inlet hole feeding those stock air filter first, then the filter surface area, then the filter type.

What are you considering?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering doing a poor boy big air kit, or blocking off the intakes and opening the covers so i get cooler air. I wish I could afford one of your kits.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Considering doing a poor boy big air kit, or blocking off the intakes and opening the covers so i get cooler air. I wish I could afford one of your kits.
Is $4 cheap enough?? A piece of soffit vent from the hardware store, a glue gun and a little time........and these get a lot of cool air, I had to bump up my 3rd pot on the FI controller another 1.5 to 4.5 on the cobra. It was a dog on top end after getting the extra air in the engine.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Understand, no pressure there. Get what you can afford for sure.
I wouldn't put too much efforts towards cooler air. The difference you are going to feel is minimal at best. Now if you are riding in 115 degree temps and crusing at 10mph you may lose some power if you are sucking air off the motor, but once you get moving that concern goes away quickly.

G

·
I orginally did the "Free Air Intake" mod thinking it would increase the air flow. It probably did, but not by much.

I'm not talented enough to do all the cutting and modifying like others do, and at $30 each for new OEM Filters I decided to do something else. When I could afford it, $50 off Sale, I just installed the Gman Stealth K&N, and the design is massive Air Flow available. It also preserves the stock look which I like.

I set my Bully as instructed by the manual and my bike runs much smoother and quicker throttle response. I should've done this first.

Good Luck.

Bro Bill
http://www.youtube.com/user/gracebiker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts