M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the M's and went to a dealer yesterday, I noticed the bike has 2 air-intakes, or it appears to be 2 air-intakes. Well, I asked the sales person there; which he replied "Not sure, let me ask the tech guy in the back". Well, about that time the Tech Guy was walking out the door. The sales person asked him and his answer was "Not sure, I think it only has one air-intake and the other one is just to balance the looks of the bike".

I looked closer at them and saw that the kits actually had plastic "intakes" going into the motor. Hard to see, but could someone please confirm this for me? 2 intakes? or 1 Intake, what's the purpose of the other?

Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I figured it had two intakes...

I've been in sales for most of my working career; for some odd reason I'm able to sell more product by knowing the product. It's wild how that system actually works! :p

I asked the Dealer to special order me the diesel model! It's not faster, but it can pull all the laggin HD's to the rest of the crew! :clap2:

G

·
Lamont, you are going to have to stop telling your wild stories. Someone is going to believe you. Then we will have all these diesal owners on the site.

oldold

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
yes you prolly should come on this site to get your questions answered correctly. Same thing is happening all over as the dealers just don't bother to read up on or understand a new product and frankly it is a little scarey. The dealer I bought from I asked several questions before I came on here and before I bought the bike and they got wrong. I was pretty sure the bike had shim under bucket valve actuation/adjustment but dealer swore up and down it was hydraulic lifters, I said not at the redline she has and a little more research revealed they were wrong. I will not let them service my bike that's for sure!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear ya.... They advised me that I should rotate the tires evey 5000 miles, I'm going to stick with 3000 if it needs or not! :a20:

G

·
If there is one thing that pisses me off about this site, its the fact that you guys know about as much as a :joke: about this bike. You couldn't find the flux flow-tube even if the JSDM3 was grounded to the SET with duct tape and a smile.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts