M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the stock Dunnie 240! 4500 miles and it had seen better days. Considering that I did some aggressive riding I guess that was not bad mileage! The tire had three areas of wear, center was down to almost nothing and both sides were scalloped from powering out or corners.

Some observations regarding tires:

The stock Dunnie 240/40 R-18 measured 9.5 inches, side to side when mounted on the rim! When removed from the rim the tire measured 9 and 3/8 wide! Seems that under pressure the tire expands when mounted on the 8.5 inch rim.

Installed a Avon Venom R 250/40 R-18 which measured 10 inches wide before mounting. After mounting the tire measures 9 and 3/4 inches wide. It appears that the ideal rim for this tire would be 9 inches wide to maintain a full ten inch wide dimension on the tire. The 8.5 inch stock 109 rim definitely changed the profile of this tire.

I have a Dunnie 250/40 R-18 on order and I'll take the same before and after measurements for additional comparisons. That hopefully will not occur until I get 8k or better out of the Venom R :) :) :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
good luck with 8 k ,I can never seem to coax 6k out of any tires I buy no matter what brand. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Heck I got almost 10k out of the stock tires on my old C50. But I guess I didn't have the same throttle respose on that one as I do now.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M109R Fan said:
Agressive riding? Lots of burnouts? or just sheetty quality??? :confused:
Not one burn out! Lots of full throttle 1st and 2nd gear bursts and downshifting for compression breaking plus powering out of corners on twisty mountain roads of NE Pa. The stock Dunnie is considered a sport tire with soft rubber compound. I would have to say it is a decent tire!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.