M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well over the weekend I found a used 2008 M109 with 950 miles close enough to St. Louis. Before driving there a deal of $9250 was on the table. So I rent the trailer (Uhaul is the best deal - $14 a day) and head to Lake of the Ozarks 150 miles. Here is what the title said on their website about this "9":

LIKE NEW M109R - $9,499
This bike looks like it is brand new. Very low miles! Call it the best of all worlds. Suzuki's award winning Boulevard M109R - an incredible combination of cruiser styling and renowned Suzuki power and handling.

So I get there and start looking over the bike. I found 3 things right off the bat: Dome air-breather cover scratched (looked like the Monster Logo), knick in the triple tree, and front rim looks like someone tied it down with a logging chain. So I tell him there is no way I'm paying $9250 for this bike. I was ready to walk. He said "what is it going to take to sell this bike"? He told me he could give me 30% a new OEM dome cover for the price of $130 shipped to his house. I said how about you just knock off another $130. He did not want to deal so I said I'm going back to St. Louis and telling everyone I can never to trust you adds because this bike does not look like it is brand new.

He stopped me and said what will it take to close the deal. I told him $8,900 and he went to the back (good cop bad cop type thing) and came back out and accepted my offer.

After we agreed to the deal he started talking about how I'm going to love this bike and the power it has, big back tire, the low miles - Blah Blah Blah. I told him to just stop talking because he was annoying at that point. He knows nothing that I don't already know after having my yellow one for a year and being on this site everyday. Still mad he didn't tell me about the cosmetic damage.

Well without further ado here she is:

G

·
Sweet! You still coming to kcir on the 6th? I got an 08 orange an getting ready to sell my wheels here in a few weeks if your planing on replacing the front. They are black an I'll make you a deal:bigthumbsup: anyway good buy glad your back on the road!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Items Needed to really make it mine

Items I lost when the drunk lady totaled my Yellow LE. Looking to buy if anyone has these items for sale please let me know.

One air dome
lowering bones 2.25
HID kit with digital ballast
Cycle house license plate de-beaver bracket
Cobra sissybar (short)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Ah.....a blank canvas.....

Get to it!!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
either way you got a good deal, maybe he dropped it, check the handle bars to make sure theyre straight.
I think it looks like when they were moving the bikes in and out everyday they prob. slammed a clutch lever into it or another bike part. These were out front of the store and it got moved every day. I cant see any damage where it went down.

·
Registered
550 Posts
First a yellow and now an orange can you say "MANGO". Do the pegs have any grind marks. Also bikes do get scratched not all of them are perfect. Just glad you are walking(both of you) could be a lot worse.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks lee I'm going to let it sit for a bit till I feel comfortable again. Thinking of going to Kansas City in August. Nothing like a nice cross state ride to break me back into riding.

·
Registered
175 Posts
STLTGR- PM me your address and I'll ship you the dome you need. I have the originals from my 1st 109 that took off right away when I put the Big Air kit on. I'm gonna do the same to this one soon, so I don't need 4 oem air box covers. Just let me know what side you need.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Glad you are back to having a new 9:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts