M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the world do you get those damn stickers off of your tank? Couldn't they just put the same info on a card and hang it from the bars at the dealer?

The stickers that tell you to drive slower in the rain and to only put 90 octane in the tank? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Do a search. Plenty of threads about this in the Tech forum.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Leave the bike out in the hot sun, let the stickers get warm, and peel them right on off :)

Search is your friend ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
They say to heat them up and they'll come right off. Yeah right!!!
I even used a hair dryer and that didn't even work. I used my finger nail to scrape it off after I heated it up.
Good luck, its not an easy task.

·
Registered
702 Posts
After my fingernails wore out, I used a plastic/rubber slotted kitchen spoon (the slotted kind for retrieving stuff from boiling water) and took my time. Came right off. Then used some goof off for the glue left behind.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hehe.. what Prowler failed to mention is that he lives in Austin, Texas and the sun here can damn near take the paint off the bike, let alone the stickers :evil:

You just have to leave it out in direct sunlight a bit longer if you live in a place without as much direct sun (notice I said direct sun, not necessarily high ambient temps, it does make a difference for some reason)

·
Registered
40 Posts
if you get the 3m adhesive remover, you can start by peeling back the clear plastic over the top of them. Then get a towel and use 3m remover. It will take a little elbow grease but as you rub it you will notice the words start to fade, keep rubbing and it will come off then just wax and buff it.

Viper

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Viper_814 said:
if you get the 3m adhesive remover, you can start by peeling back the clear plastic over the top of them. Then get a towel and use 3m remover. It will take a little elbow grease but as you rub it you will notice the words start to fade, keep rubbing and it will come off then just wax and buff it.

Viper
Is that the stuff you can't use on the painted plastic parts??

·
Registered
292 Posts
I left mine out in the sun for about an hour, 80ish degrees.. Just carefully start on a corner, and slowly peel it back.. Both of mine took about five minutes to remove. Then use a little WD-40 to clean up any glue thats left over.. Just take your time when your on the corners..

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
DHandyman said:
Is that the stuff you can't use on the painted plastic parts??
Yea ,it did a number to the clearcoat on my rear fender :redfaced:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts