M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK now I am getting more used to the bike and getting into the groove of listening and feeling.

I have noticed that at about 3-3500 RPM under acceleration, there seems to be what I will describe as a shudder. Seems like the less you are accelerating the lower the RPM and the intensity is less, but in any event it seems like at that range is when it happens. I want to say it feels like it is coming from the shaft drive.

Enough description for you guys? Normal?

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Welcome to one of the many "quirks" of this bike. Yes it's normal, don't worry about it. The 109 is a great bike :bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear this from you guys. TY very much for my having peace in knowing this.

I will probably discover more "quirks", one at a time.

Is there a helpful list for stuff like this that us new owners can go review?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
My wife is a blonde, and is one of the smartest people I know. Although, she did marry me! :D
...........(sticks foot in mouth............backspaces & edits first thoughts that come to mind.............fights urge to retype orginal thoughts...........must.......leave........this........thread......) ;)

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Thats normal. God I sound like a Suzuki Dealer:yikes:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
some other quirks that some have had, are setvalve squeak, second gear slppage, oil puke and the clutch shutter, but don't trip chocolate chip, lots of peeps can help ya out with those.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
some other quirks that some have had, are setvalve squeak, second gear slppage, oil puke and the clutch shutter, but don't trip chocolate chip, lots of peeps can help ya out with those.
I think I have the Set Valve Squeak. That is the sounds it makes when you turn the key on for like a second afterwards....ends with a squeak.

Should I fix that or can I make that go away by doing something?

Nothing else on that list so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a nasty shudder on my M90 which also felt like it was coming from the shaft drive. I bought the bike used, so I'm not exactly sure what was done to it before I owned it, but the shudder went away after I put a stereo system on the bike. I'm pretty sure the stereo didn't fix it, but disconnecting the battery during the install probably reset the FI. The bike runs nice and smooth now.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think I have the Set Valve Squeak. That is the sounds it makes when you turn the key on for like a second afterwards....ends with a squeak.

Should I fix that or can I make that go away by doing something?

Nothing else on that list so far.
Oh wow you live in Fairhope! One of my favorite towns. Anyway you can lube the set valve with some high temp grease and it will most likely go away for a little while unless it is squeaking internally then there is not much you can do. Best thing is to go with an after market exhaust and ditch the stock exhaust. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts