M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bike is still in the shop ..hopefully after the paint is completed I'll be able to get the rims to Liquidpain.. 7 months of no riding after the accident... can't wait to get everything together and back on the road.

have new tires on here but thinking about going ahead and getting new tires put on..really want to go up in size from the 240 rear and stock size front... still trying to figure out the largest size I can put on the stock rim without having to do something to the rear fender.... I know i can put the metz 160 on the front but don't want to do it without making the rear bigger . any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I got a 260 coming for the rear and 160 for the front. That's as big as I wanted to go. I guess you can SQUEEZE a 280 on the stock rim, but it's not highly recommended. You're better off going with a 10" rear rim if you want to go bigger than 260.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
232 Posts
As far as the rear, I'm hearing good things on the Dunnie 250 and the 260 Metz. Both tires I hear have great handling but I see most are going with the Dunnie 250, next season I'll be swapping out the stockers as well so I'll just be playing it by ear until then

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hope things work out for Bro, now my thoughts, i have a 250 Dun E3 looks and feels great I also have a E3 on the front but it didn't come in a 160, now the rear some are putting 260 on the back but if you really take a look at both tires the 260 & 250 the 250 is wider the the 260, so if your looking for that wider look go with the 250 if you want a little more clearance then go with the 260 but for me i like the Wide AS_ look ^-^

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It all depends on your preference, if you spend most of your time on the interstate, the E3's will be fine (cheaper) but if you enjoy tearing up the twisties then go with the Metzeler ME880 (260/160 combo) or Avon Cobra (250) and Avon Storm (160) I got the Avons an love them. They were only $330 shipped from Jakewilson.com. Good luck :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for all of your advice... It has really been hard not being able to ride but reading about all the great improvements/mods that ya'll have been doing and also the great videos and photos of your rides have helped..

I have been able to add a little more mods to the bike as it has been getting repaired but still have a lot to do. my bike is orange and I'm thinking about getting some ghost flames done in a darker orange so that it adds to the appearance without taking away from the overall look of the bike.

I really am looking forward to getting better which the doctor says should be in another couple of months ..yes it seems like a long time away but it'll give me time to get the bike back together and hopefully add a couple of more things to the bike ..one of which is finding some place that can make me some side plates where the air bonnets used to be. a friend took the air covers off and put two of the k&n filters under the gas tank..he said that it will still get all the air it needs...but it left me with two holes on either side...I like the look but am worried about some of the smaller wires on the side of the bike that are now exposed...

well...I hope all of you have a great week and thanks again for being such a supportive community of riders.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ghost flames are so boring. With the aftermarket part industry as it is, I think the only real way to customize your bike and make it stand out is to go with a custom paint scheme (unless you are able to fabricate your own parts and such). With so many people going the ghost flame route, I definitely would steer clear if it were my intention to paint the bike.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
you will get the most air from this setup as I have. you will need a custom map done on the dyno with this setup to get the most of it and prevent the engine from running lean. all you have to do with the wires and sensors that were left loose is wire tie them to the frame to keep them out of harms way and make sure on your filters at the bottom where the rubber flange meets up with the throttle bodies that you have clearance around the motor/actuator for the secondary butterflies as the linkage will be close but must not bind on the filters or you will get a FI code and could possibly burn out the motor that controls the butterflies. this would be a good time to remove those secondary butterflies too if you like right now throttle response, the motor and linkage must stay intact though so the computer "thinks" it is still in control. also good time to plug the PAIR system which will stop a lot of decel popping. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Steve...you really helped out alot with your answer... Once the bike leaves the paint shop and gets back to the dealer I'm going to have him dyno and remap the bike...i'm really leaning towards switching out from the 240 to 260 rear and from stock to the 160 front...i'll probably have them dyno it once the new tires are on....

thanks again for the advice... I also went with the ghost flames in a slightly darker orange that is only visible as the light hits it then fades as the angle changes...wanted to add alittle contrast without taking away from the attraction of the orange...

it's true what everyone is saying about the mod bug...paint then bigger tires and then rims....need to get another job just to pay for the mods...just have to find a place to keep the bike so the wife doesn't see all the new things i've added...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts