M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my bike on May 6th, and registered for the jacket a week later (to allow the dealership time to report the sale to Suzuki). Still haven't received my jacket and I'm getting a little antsy.

Call Suzuki USA and give them a friendly reminder, or just stay patient and wait it out? What say you?

Based on other's posts here, it seems that the overwhelming majority got theirs within the 8 week period stated on the registration page.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ordered 5/1 still nothing. I think they were overwhelmed by people wanting the larger sizes which would normally only be a small percentage.
I know my shirt is 3xl, and their 4xl will not fit me if it is the size they say.

Sledzep

·
Registered
411 Posts
See Nastyboy, that is the difference between the USA and Europe :p In the States they promise you the jacket and maybe just maybe if you´re lucky you will get it sooner or later. In Europe they say right from the start If you want a jacket buy one

·
Registered
326 Posts
As someone that called with a "friendly reminder" last week I can tell you that they outsourced the handling of the jackets and the response I got last week was that the rep would email the company handling the jackets. He called me back a few hours later and told me that they are now quoting 8-10 weeks for the jacket.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I just read on the news here in Texas that a lot of cattle have recently gone missing... perhaps they are manufaturing the leather for your jackets? :joke:

·
Registered
260 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
omg it's freakin summer time live without it for a while.... :joke:It's 92 degrees here today I think I'll worry if it doesn't get here by biketoberfest :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
i dont think road rash knows what temp is outside

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies, gents.  Sorry & glad at the same time to hear I'm not alone.   I know it's sumer time, and a leather jacket is not high on my priority list as of today, but I didn't want to let it slide too long & be forgotten.  I have a nice, mesh kevlar jacket that's perfect for this time of year, but still want my 109 leather!

I can neither confirm nor deny the whereabouts of said cattle, and that's all I'm sayin.   :joke:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Bought my bike May 8th... got my jacket today... July 10th... 10 weeks to the day. Well worth the wait!

Those Pakistanie's make a great jacket!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
:( Still waiting.....got my conformation 21 April...I got the survey though...I should hold them hostage until I get my leather , then slam them for
customer service.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
still waiting for my replacement jacket
::)
Post this yesterday while I'm at work and it's raining. I get home and low and behold there is a box with a plastic sack around it to protect it, with my new jacket!! Whoo hoo!! It fits much better now. Should have ordered the Large in the first place!! :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought my 109 on March 22, ordered the jacket on April 21. I emailed Suzuki and they told me that the order was processed May 2nd and my jacket should ship July 10 give or take. I got my jacket last Friday the 7th. 3X and fits like a glove. (6'-1" & 250) Figure the day you ordered, then add 2 weeks, then start counting your 6-8 weeks.

Keep it on 2
brent.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
FINALLY !!!!! Got my conformation on 21st of April.... came home and theres a box on my porch...my jacket FINALLY !!!!
I guess thats about 11 weeks and change.

·
Registered
484 Posts
EAGLEFAN67 said:
FINALLY !!!!!  Got my conformation on 21st of April.... came home and theres a box on my porch...my jacket FINALLY !!!!
I guess thats about 11 weeks and change.
Makes the whole house smell like leather. ahhhhhh

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just got mine this morning! 8 weeks to the day from ordering.. Nice jacket!!... Too hot to wear it now, but look forward to when I can :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts