M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously owned a Suzuki Volusia. Basically a 2003 version of the C50.
The tires on that bike worked well for me, but the tires on my 109 rock. I never thought I would see tires on a cruiser that would get sticky with heat.
I checked the front tire after some aggressive riding, and found the edges to have rubber bits, (small ones mid you), and to be pretty sticky.
Very cool. Makes me want to get more aggressive.

What's the fastest speed anyone has taken on a corner without the pegs stopping you. I would like to get an idea of how much these tires will hold.

·
Registered
752 Posts
They will fold up the pegs and touch the exhaust on the road with no problem. The bike isn't going to let you lean over far enough to beat the tires. As long as your feelers are touching and you don't stand up don't worry about cornering speed.

Let your feelers be your guide.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice.
I rode from Vancouver to Tofino, taking what I thought were some aggressive corners. Felt like it would take more, good to hear the support for that.

(Tofino is a town accessible only by a 3 hour long aggressively winding road through the mountains, and along the Pacific coast) Anyone in British Columbia has to go there. Breathtaking, {if you have time to watch the scenery}.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts