M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven’t posted for awhile just been lurking in the shadows but just had a small issue i could use some ideas for. I just got back from a 575 mile round trip to Va beach and while down there wanted to use the factory steering lock but quickly realized that the key won’t fit in it to lock it. The bottom mounting bracket for the windshield sets to close for the key to fit. Thankfully I didn’t need it but it got me to wondering what others had done to correct it. I got a used windshield off of another member here and can’t remember what brand it is exactly but the bracket holes are pre drilled and not adjustable.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,948 Posts
That's a National Cycle V-Stream, which is a very popular shield on here. You can't change the spacing between the mounts, but you can loosen them and move the mounts, and of course the shield with it, up or down. It looks like yours is down almost to the bottom, so there's plenty of room to go up. Most raise the shield up for better wind protection which is why you probably don't hear much about it interfering with the lock.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a National Cycle V-Stream, which is a very popular shield on here. You can't change the spacing between the mounts, but you can loosen them and move the mounts, and of course the shield with it, up or down. It looks like yours is down almost to the bottom, so there's plenty of room to go up. Most raise the shield up for better wind protection which is why you probably don't hear much about it interfering with the lock.
Ok thanks for the info. After i get the feeling back in my legs I’ll check it out tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts