M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steelers QB Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident
PITTSBURGH (Ticker) - Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured when his motorcycle was involved in a crash at an intersection in downtown Pittsburgh on Monday.
The team has confirmed that Roethlisberger is being treated at Mercy Hospital and is listed as alert and conscious. There is no update on his possible injuries.

The accident occurred at the Second Avenue side of the 10th Street Bridge near the Armstrong Tunnel on Monday morning.

An eyewitness told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Roethlisberger flew into the windshield of the car and hit the ground. He was bleeding from a gash on his forehead before being taken to the hospital.

Roethlisberger has been known to refuse to wear a helmet when operating his motorcycle.

According to the eyewitness account in the newspaper, Roethlisberger was headed outbound on Second Avenue and a car was coming inbound when it made a left turn toward the bridge in front of the motorcycle. The motorcycle then hit the car, causing Roethlisberger to fly off.

At 23 years of age, Roethlisberger became the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl last February. He completed just 9-of-21 passes for 123 yards and was intercepted twice, but rushed for a touchdown in the Steelers' 21-10 win over Seattle in Super Bowl XL.

The 11th overall pick in the 2004 draft, Roethlisberger owns a 27-4 record, including 5-1 in the playoffs, as a starter. He is the first quarterback in the modern era to start a conference championship game in each of his first two NFL seasons.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another report indicated that the Coach lectured him about riding a motorcycle.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/8449812

Just goes to show you, no matter what physical condition you are in, Gear is NEEDED!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Female cager taking a left turn at the intersection. Big Ben was going straight.

Who wants odds on whether she was gabbing on a cell phone? I got 10 to 1 right here...

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wonder what the fines are these days for doing something like that...

We should all write our congressmen and propose a heavier fine for things like that, maybe even a motorcycle awareness course for the dumb cagers to cause these wrecks...

Or take away their cell phone rights totally...

·
Registered
814 Posts
I don't think it's a Busa. I've never seen a Busa with a wing on the back, unless that's an aftermarket back seat pad with the wing attached to it. I think it's a Kaw...

Here's another pic from a back angle. Never seen a busa with two small taillights like that either:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Latest update - broken jaw and nose no charges filed :mad: against 62 yr old woman. I hope he pulls thru OK and starts wearing a helmet. "Busa and no helmet" that rolls off the tounge just like "hooker and no condom".

·
Registered
814 Posts
I stand corrected....

"Roethlisberger was between radio interviews and on his black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa -- large, racing-style bike -- and heading toward an intersection on the edge of downtown."

·
Registered
817 Posts
Never mind wearing a helmet. For highly-paid athletes like this, it is standard to include a clause which precludes motorcycle riding altogether. No bikes, period.

I don't know if Ben had this negotiated out of his contract, or if he was violating the contract (a very common thing -- remember Jason Williams). Does anybody know about that?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nevermind his contract, I don't think he will ever be able to play football again. They said it was a "violent" crash and both of his knees were "injured". They also said he had a 9" gash in the back of his head among other facial injuries....broken nose, broken jaw. He's just lucky to be alive. I'm a Steelers fan and I don't like the fact that he was not wearing a helmet. He was vocal about not wearing one and now it's a shame he had to learn the hard way. If he comes back it will be a miracle. I just really think us Pittsburgh fans lost our quarterback today. PLEASE GUYS, WEAR A HELMET NO MATTER HOW UNCOMFORTABLE THEY ARE!

·
Registered
572 Posts
ITguy said:
Hate to hear about anyone in an accident caused by a cager. Yes, he should have had on a helmet but had the car not pulled out in front of him (haven't confirmed this but imagine that is the case) he would ultimately be fine.

Ironically, if I get drunk (BTW I don't drink) and injure/kill someone while driving my car is considered a weapon and I may be charged with manslaughter etc... However, those that don't pay attention for what ever reason; cell phone, map, reading magazine, are not charged at all.

The US is going down the tubes because no one is accountable for their actions any longer!!! I agree with the congressman post below but don't know if it would do any good. At minimum she should loose her license for a year or two and possibly forever. The laws are tough on those stupid enough to drink and drive but very lax on those that are too stupid to drive even while sober. :confused:

Ride safe, and always look out for idiot cagers.
Not to mention, at her age, she should have had a driving and license test given again... have seen way too many older people causing accidents...

I know that 62 isn't old for some, but in others, 62 means they should be totally off the road...

Then you have my grandma, at age 82, who you would think is 50 from how she is... would pass it perfectly...

·
Registered
64 Posts
BigBen said:
I wonder what the fines are these days for doing something like that...

We should all write our congressmen and propose a heavier fine for things like that, maybe even a motorcycle awareness course for the dumb cagers to cause these wrecks...

Or take away their cell phone rights totally...
BigBen I agree but lets not forget that a congressman has made it his hobby to run over motorcylists and blame it on them.

Bill Janklow Anyone?

·
Registered
572 Posts
TheXRavenX said:
BigBen I agree but lets not forget that a congressman has made it his hobby to run over motorcylists and blame it on them.

Bill Janklow Anyone?
Anyone on here have one of those F650s out there? ;)

Let's see how Mr. Janklow feels then...

Or maybe even better... anyone drive a semi on here... who would like to show Mr. Janklow what it would be like to get run over by something way bigger then you?

Lets see how he changes his mind THEN...

If he has a mind to change... that is...

:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
If George Bush rode a bike, then the lady would of been charged. Once a few die hard Pittsburgh Steeler fans find out who she is, her life will become a living hell. The "streets of justice" are more tougher than the our court judicial systems, and justice will be served I'm sure. I'll giver her a few days before she has to go into protective custody or move to another state.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Personally..I think he's banged up more than what they are saying. Reports say there was a "pool" of blood at the scene and was still seen
thru the afternoon...He already had problems with his knee..and I'm sure they had some type of reaccuring injury.

And the fact that he has a broken jaw...and gashes on his head...translation , no football helmet for a while...and to think training camp starts in about 6 weeks.

I hope he gets better...wow, if he had a helmet on , I bet he sustains no head and face injuries.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts