M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked with no success! I would like to see a picture of places to install the steble horn other than the Head light bucket. I have the hid light in there. If anyone could post pics I would appreciate it!!!
Happy Holidays To You all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Kenny, I dont have pics but mine is behind the right side cover. There's plenty of room in there.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
here is mine

Mine is chrome. My mechanic put it here because he couldn't figure out how to put it in the other places, but as it turns out I like it!

By bujee1 at 2010-12-06

By bujee1 at 2010-12-07

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have HID and garage door opener in my head light...Kev has a good link. I put mine where Packrider put his...(if you follow link)...good spot and easy install. I think this should work for you, it did for me.

·
Registered
838 Posts
There's a space between the battery box and the swing arm where I installed mine. Had to make a mounting bracket for it. Works great. I can ride two up (I'm around 225) if there is a really rough patch it bottoms out on it. on factory settings.
I don't think I've seen pics of them being mounted on the right. I'm at work. A lot of the pictures are blocked on my work computer

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
PM sent! OH and this should be in Shop Talk, just saying. Merry Christmas:p

·
Registered
678 Posts
Would it fit in the chin spoiler?
I'm planning on buying both shortly.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I had very little room left for anything on my bike so i seperated the horn from the compressor with my stebel... Horn is tucked in the side cover and the compressor is under the frame... Hose connects the two.
That's a pretty slick idea.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I looked with no success! I would like to see a picture of places to install the steble horn other than the Head light bucket. I have the hid light in there. If anyone could post pics I would appreciate it!!!
It will fit with an HID kit. And as stated, you can also place it under the right side cover. Are you just trying not to pull off your windshield?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
It will fit with an HID kit. And as stated, you can also place it under the right side cover.
Ryan, can you post a pic of what your harness looks like?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Mine is now in the headlight nacelle, but this is what it looked like behind the side cover. I moved it to the headlight when I added the air ride to make room for the compressor. I made the bracket connecting it to the frame out of a simple L bracket, and cut it so it would anchor under the forward bolt head. That way it couldn't move down and hit the swingarm. The relay is there with it too.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Ryan, can you post a pic of what your harness looks like?
I have a pic of two of them on Duck's website. But it is a harness. Pre-measured for the 9 in a loom that keeps the stock horn in the loop. And mounting bracket with hardware for the side mount kit. What else do you really need to know? :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a pic of two of them on Duck's website. But it is a harness. Pre-measured for the 9 in a loom that keeps the stock horn in the loop. And mounting bracket with hardware for the side mount kit. What else do you really need to know? :D
Thats about it!!!LOL Thanks Guys!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
New Spot

Take a Dremel to the tool kit box next to the battery box. Cut away some of the plastic & the horn fits perfect. I have a catch can under the right cover & I didn't want to hassel removing the headlight cowl. Just 2 wires to the old horn & cover your ears. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts