M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i cant seem to find any how to or pics of the stebel mounted into the headlight bucket well i did find one but the photos have been delete so that is not helping me out. i have a good idea on how and where i just thought if anyone had some pics that would be nice

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
ok i cant seem to find any how to or pics of the stebel mounted into the headlight bucket well i did find one but the photos have been delete so that is not helping me out. i have a good idea on how and where i just thought if anyone had some pics that would be nice
Note that I did not secure the horn to the black nacelle backing plate. Just use zip-ties to loosely secure the horn to the nacelle stay. Take care not to block the 3 nacelle mounting points. Don't worry about the horn not being secured tightly... it will get "squished" in place when you put the nacelle back on. Mine has been going strong for 3 1/2 years and I blow that sucker numerous times every time I ride. :bigthumbsup:

Front:

Left side:

Right side:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Note that I did not secure the horn to the black nacelle backing plate. Just use zip-ties to loosely secure the horn to the nacelle stay. Take care not to block the 3 nacelle mounting points. Don't worry about the horn not being secured tightly... it will get "squished" in place when you put the nacelle back on. Mine has been going strong for 3 1/2 years and I blow that sucker numerous times every time I ride. :bigthumbsup:

Front:

Left side:

Right side:
no pics they aremt showing up

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see them even in your quote? Do you have a mac? :joke:
I was at work damn gov computers blocked it out and I didn't even think about it. Lol

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It fits behind the radiator quite nicelly if you every have that area apart.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
?????????well i dont see how this plug in play harness is going to work it has the wires for the stock horn and the stebel heat shrunk together so i dont understand how they expect me to wire it???:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
?????????well i dont see how this plug in play harness is going to work it has the wires for the stock horn and the stebel heat shrunk together so i dont understand how they expect me to wire it???:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
I sent a couple of replied Pms about this. :dontknow:

·
Registered
595 Posts
When I mounted mine I zip-tied the :edit: out of it...good and TIGHT, but it's really not necessary because like Seapup said, when you squeeze the nacel back on the horn will get squished up tight inside it. It actually took me several tries removing the zip ties and making slight adjustments before I was able to get the nacel back on. Once mounted it won't move unless you hit a large truck head-on, in that case you may want to get a new one anyway. ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
see the wiring harness i have

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
man if you have the tach relocated its gonna be tight!
Tight ? how about impossible or close enough that it will frustrate the :edit: out of you ....

I would'nt put the stebel there if you ever plan on relocating your tach or installing HID lighting as you will need the space for the transformer / ballast .

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Tight ? how about impossible or close enough that it will frustrate the :edit: out of you ....

I would'nt put the stebel there if you ever plan on relocating your tach or installing HID lighting as you will need the space for the transformer / ballast .
that is about all the room that i have in there. and that nacelle is a major PITA to put back on.......:verymad:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
that is about all the room that i have in there. and that nacelle is a major PITA to put back on.......:verymad:
I have the tach reloacated and the HID kit in there . The nacelle goes back on however you are right , it can be a pain ....

The stebel mounted under the seat is just as loud as mounted anywhere else on the bike ....

some guy out there with no life and a DB meeter might prove me wrong however my ears can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I split the horn, pump/cylinder is under my seat with a hose run to he bucket firing the horn part of the Stebel. Works beautifully.
I had to come up with something due to tack relocation, HID lights in there too.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I split the horn, pump/cylinder is under my seat with a hose run to he bucket firing the horn part of the Stebel. Works beautifully.
I had to come up with something due to tack relocation, HID lights in there too.
I love it when somebody posts a " genius way " like this
Thanks , always nice to know.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts