M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just got the stebel horn with the plug and play kit, can anyone tell me where I plug into to the old horn wiring, I was trying to trace it out with out removing gas tank , but it looks like I will have to, unless I am overthinking this, from the posts I have read on here does not seem that others are pulling the tank off. Any help would be appreciated

John

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If you got the plug and play from Rynosback then it plugs into the wiring for the stock horn up behind the radiator. And yes you need to remove your tank to get the the shroud pulled away from the radiator. Stebel install with the plug and play kit is a 45 minute job, the plug and play helps a bunch.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Jd is right , The horn Is mounted on the Right side BEHIND the radiator
it can be kinda hard to reach , long needle noseplyers wiil help

·
Registered
595 Posts
you can also loosen the mounting bolt for the stock horn and rotate it so that the electrical connections are easier to get at.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
They are right. You will have to remove the tank to remove the front covers and also to run the wiring back to the battery. If I remember correctly, I had to loosen the top bolts that hold the radiator so that I could fit my big hands behind it to get to the stock horn wires. JD is right, it is 45 min to and hour job.
Good luck with it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I concur with JD also. Get the harness from Rynosback. It will make it much easier:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
i have the horn on all my bikes they work killer very loud. recently I blew the horn when people were coming in and out of a parking lot from a church that i was passing i held the horn on because everyone was not looking at traffic however I came by everyone stopped as if I were a firetruck. :doorag::doorag::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
They are right. You will have to remove the tank to remove the front covers and also to run the wiring back to the battery. If I remember correctly, I had to loosen the top bolts that hold the radiator so that I could fit my big hands behind it to get to the stock horn wires. JD is right, it is 45 min to and hour job.
Good luck with it.:bigthumbsup:
Thanks Ghost Bruh..,,,, I will get started on the weekend and just maybe I can get my pearl white M look close to yours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crossq... :2cool:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I agree with the others that say to go with Ryans harness.
The instructions are pretty much foolproof and make the job easy.:bigthumbsup:
The extra money makes it well worth it for a nice clean installation. And your old horn will still work just in case.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I would pull the tank. Why take the chance in scratching or denting it by trying to work around it. It is just another way of getting to know your 9. The first time I took her apart I took my time. But now, I can do it in my sleep. The Stebel does ROCK. You should consider putting in a HID at the same time. :evil: That way you are better seen also.

Thanks for the props guys.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would have to agree with the comments about Ryan's harness. Although I haven't fitted it yet (arrived yesterday) the quality and instructions make it a good buy. Another big plus was it only took just over a week from ordering to have it in my hands (in Australia).
Many thanks Ryan, you are good to deal with, have great communication and do what you say you will. Would highly reccomend his work.
cheers
Rod

1 - 14 of 14 Posts