M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mechanic put the exhaust parts no longer used from stock exhaust under the side panel and said there is not enought room to mount the horn as well. need to get this mounted but want to make sure it will fit before I get to envolved. someone said you can just cut the old exhaust junk off but I am woried about the FI light, etc...

·
Registered
838 Posts
people put their horns in either the headlight housing(can't think of the official name right now) or on the side. There is a space between the battery box and swing arm that I mounted mine.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Or behind the radiator where the stock horn is.

As I have no headlight nachel and my trunk takes up the room under the seat, I needed to find another spot that worked.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I put mine in the headlight bucket. Looked where the stock horn went and it felt like it would be too tight in there. That's just me though, I am sure others got it installed there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have an R2 so headlight is out. dont want to mess with set valve stuff so would like to find a place other than side panel. Like the radiator idea but it sure looks thin back there. anyone have pics of radiator install

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
he said that couldnt be done. thanks
Why would he say it couldn't be done? Hundreds on here have done it and it's the way Suzuki recommends doing it too. It takes all of 10 minutes to do it and your problem goes away.

I've had mine behind the side panel and in the headlight, both work equally well.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
i have an R2 so headlight is out. dont want to mess with set valve stuff so would like to find a place other than side panel. Like the radiator idea but it sure looks thin back there. anyone have pics of radiator install
You can always try with the SET under the cover. There is no way that it will fit where the headlight is. And I know of one guy that placed it behind the radiator and the horn went bad. So to me under the right side cover is your only option, that's if you want it concealed.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
You can always try with the SET under the cover. There is no way that it will fit where the headlight is. And I know of one guy that placed it behind the radiator and the horn went bad. So to me under the right side cover is your only option, that's if you want it concealed.
oops sorry vikeman, I should have read better you have a R2, Thanks Ryan, headlight bucket is out............

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why would he say it couldn't be done? Hundreds on here have done it and it's the way Suzuki recommends doing it too. It takes all of 10 minutes to do it and your problem goes away.

I've had mine behind the side panel and in the headlight, both work equally well.
id say he was lazy. he used to be suzuki dealer but doesnt have much experience on mods

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The mod is a piece of cake and if you print it out I'm sure that he could do it for you as well! Not many (if any) keep the set valve after they swap to an after market exhaust, don't see what he thinks is the issue :dontknow:

I think the right side is the place for the Stebel for you!!

Don

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I'd say you need to see another mechanic, lol. There's enough room in the head light nacelle for HID and Stebel or Stebel truck horn...show him this vid

R2

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spoke to mechanic today, after I explained what needed to be done he all of a sudden knows understands and made it sound like he already knew about it. yea right! PLan to have pair valves blocked off, new air filters (of some type yet to be determined) and horn installed next month. since the tanks has to be removed for this, are there any other recommened mods that should be done while the tank is off?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
he said that couldnt be done. thanks
lol he's obviously not a member on these boards. I am no mechanic believe me and even I was able to follow Bigpapas instructions on how to remove that wire and the bike has run absolutely perfect with my V&H pipes. just do it :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
decided to handle myself. i can reaqd directions as much as the next guy and I will pay the 60 bucks an hour to myself. not sure if I want to tackel the pair valves or not. needs to be done because too much popping after installing velocity pros.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
The PAIR valve is as easy to do as anything else you're doing. The valve is located on the lower front of the air box. It has one short hose coming out that goes to a T, then a hose from each side of the T runs to each head. Pull the short hose off and put in a marble, wood dowel, anything that will block it. Put the hose back on the solenoid when finished and you're done. You have to leave the solenoid connected electrically or it will set a FI light, so it can't be removed.

Or you can pull the hoses off each head and use a rubber cap on the PAIR valves. Either will do the same thing.

You can do it. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
install

just got done with mine used a real long pair of pliers to unhook horn and plug back in extended wires from kit and placed behind headlight lot of room up there used a plastic tie to snake up to headlight just hook on to new wire with tape and put it up no parts off the bike

1 - 20 of 46 Posts