M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My dad bought one for his C. I have never installed a horn before and was wondering what you guys did to install it and where? Did you have to buy any special wiring or anything? any help would be great!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Look in the how to section, that's where I found mine! I'm also installing my today, Goodluck!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
First off, do a search for "Stebel Horn" as this has been discussed ad nauseum. You will find that you either mount in the headlight nacelle or side cover. Buy the wiring harness from Ryno here on the forum. Great guy and awesome product!

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
First off, do a search for "Stebel Horn" as this has been discussed ad nauseum. You will find that you either mount in the headlight nacelle or side cover. Buy the wiring harness from Ryno here on the forum. Great guy and awesome product!
Thanks for the mention. I know they work on a M109R and R2 and the M90. But I have not gotten any word if it works on the C. I tried looking for a local rider, but no one stepped forward. I would think it would fit on the C as it is not bigger then the M, but I can not confirm it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have seen a couple of people post that they installed them on their C, but I don't remember who they were. I am also looking to install one on mine soon. Just saving pennies. Unfortunately we don't have a nacelle to hide it under.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought the chrome horn the the wiring install kit. Also bought a Kuryakyn P clamp too.

Mounted the P clamp on the left side frame (just below the OEM horn). The stebel mounts to the P clamp. Disconnected the wires from the OEM horn and connected them to the relay, relay to horn and ground, relay to hot (all the way to the battery). Original horn button runs the stebel.

I'll put some pics up tonight ... I'm at work.

As promised ...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought the chrome horn the the wiring install kit. Also bought a Kuryakyn P clamp too.

Mounted the P clamp on the left side frame (just below the OEM horn). The stebel mounts to the P clamp. Disconnected the wires from the OEM horn and connected them to the relay, relay to horn and ground, relay to hot (all the way to the battery). Original horn button runs the stebel.

I'll put some pics up tonight ... I'm at work.

As promised ...

Thanks so much for the help Dude. My Stebel arrived in NZ from the States today....with the P Clamp.....easy to fit, Relay and all. Sounds real good. :eek:
Thanks again for the help.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts