M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a Stebel Horn, HID Light System and relocated their tach in the headlight bucket together? I'm adding all three in a week or two and would love to put them all in the narcell together. 8)

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Originally Posted by D-Ride
Love the Harness, made for easy install.

I have my tach located in the Narcell as well as my stebel, tight fit but works..

He does not have an HID in there, but A&R's kit1 takes none of the room either would need. Look in the how to section for a picture I posted up on how I installed mine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, you're fast. Do you have a HID Hi/Lo also? Looks like it will be very tight. Oh, I plan on getting your plug'n play harness for the horn. 8)

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Sorry for the quick reply :D. I'm running kit 1, HID low and halogen high. I think the low beam is a little brighter due to it not having any shielding but the high beam sucks. But the cool thing about it is that it puts out a way different color so for me I am better seen when flashing my pass button.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Here is a pic of it. As you can see, it takes up no real usable room in the headlight bucket. Just on top of the headlight.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If you tuck the HID stuff above the headlight up towards the very front of the nachel, it will not take up any room that the steble would be able to fit into, so if others are fitting the steble and the tach, then you good to go.

It you find it too tight to fit, let me know. Since I do not have the stock headlight or the room under the seat that the rest of you do for mounting such things, I have found several little spots to mount HID, steble and air ride.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If you use zip-ties to secure the ballast to the two spots I circled in Ryan's picture, you can get it even further in there which will leave plenty of room for your hi/low and steble relays.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I left the room because I wanted the ballast to have as much air around it as possible. I did not want it to over heat. I have been running it there for 2 1/2 years.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Sorry for the quick reply :D. I'm running kit 1, HID low and halogen high. I think the low beam is a little brighter due to it not having any shielding but the high beam sucks. But the cool thing about it is that it puts out a way different color so for me I am better seen when flashing my pass button.
I will second Ryan's preference on the halogen hi.

Not only do you get the benefit he references, but the install is easier and if you happen to have an HID failure, you can get home on the halogen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts