M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a Stebel Horn in a week or two. After looking over the bike, evaluating my riding style, habits, etc......I want to keep my stock horn, seperate from the Stebal, as a backup.

I've seen threads here about using the Flash-to-Pass button(the yellow one on the front of the clutch-side switch housing) for a garage door opener mod, but the only threads I could find all of the pics are gone.

Is this button is just a "momentary-on" switch, just like the horn button? Thoughts about using it for a Stebel button? I don't use it as it is.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Once you use the stebel, you will laugh at how crappy the stock horn is in comparison and I doubt you'd ever use the stock horn again.

But if your riding style dictates something like you needing the stock horn to round up kids at sunday school and dont want to scare em... then keep the stock, otherwise I'd ditch it.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Getting a Stebel Horn in a week or two. After looking over the bike, evaluating my riding style, habits, etc......I want to keep my stock horn, seperate from the Stebal, as a backup.

I've seen threads here about using the Flash-to-Pass button(the yellow one on the front of the clutch-side switch housing) for a garage door opener mod, but the only threads I could find all of the pics are gone.

Is this button is just a "momentary-on" switch, just like the horn button? Thoughts about using it for a Stebel button? I don't use it as it is.
i have the post with the pictures on it if you need it. it is a pdf file so if you would like it, just PM me your email address.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once you use the stebel, you will laugh at how crappy the stock horn is in comparison and I doubt you'd ever use the stock horn again.

But if your riding style dictates something like you needing the stock horn to round up kids at sunday school and dont want to scare em... then keep the stock, otherwise I'd ditch it.
All true. Way I look at it though....if the Stebel ever fails, I'll still have the factory clown horn in place. And, like said, I never use the flash button anyway.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
MarlboroLts, I have mine hooked up with the factory horn so it blows with the steble. Justin Case the steble does not work I will still have a horn. I did not do it, I had one of the shop mechanics do the instalation.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I connected mine so the stock and the stebel horn blow at the same time, with out cutting the horn wires, I tapped into them so it would power the reley, so if the stebel horn were to fail the stock horn would always be there to blow. Plus at nite, sometimes, I flash the brights using the yellow "passing" switch to warn left turners that I'm there as well as the stebel horn if needed.:doorag:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Those things are LOUD, I want one so bad :)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I used my Flash-to-pass for my stebel. To save you the trouble of tearing open the switch housing, there's a break in the loom, just a few inches away from the housing. There, the clutch switch wires enter the loom. Also, there's a factory splice that ties the FTP switch into the high beam wire. Seperate the FTP wire from the high beam wire ( high beam wire will be same color going into and coming out of the splice. Run a wire from the FTP wire to your relay to run the Stebel horn.

-Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts