M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, used the search but couldn't find what I was looking for. In the manual it says the horn wires are the black/white and the Black/blue tracer wires. I've linked the 2 blues with these 2 wires and the results are stebel full blast with the key on, and when the horn is pressed it stops the stebel and engages the stock horn. I must be semi retarded :dontknow:

I need help from the pros!! Oh, and I'm using the wiring kit that comes with the stebel.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Somehow in your wiring you've managed to supply constant power to the horn.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Oh, and I'm using the wiring kit that comes with the stebel.
Your problem could be the generic wiring kit that come with your stebel. Its not specific to the M109. I used the harness from rynosback and got it installed right on the first try with his instructions. Rynosback's harness is worth every penny, especially if you are newb.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
The best thing to do is use rynosback's harness. If not, then you use the relay and use your own wire. You need to clip on to the orange and black wire on the horn. You can reach that right behind the radiator. Orange is hot, black is negative. Then you run that back to pins 85/86 on the relay I believe. I think 85 is ground, and 86 is the positive from the orange. Then you have the red wire from the relay #30 maybe, that goes to the battery. Then you ground the horn itself, and the positive that goes to the other post on the relay which I believe is 87. This is off memory but will get you what you want.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help fella's, I did get it sorted out. Man that sucker is LOUD!!!! I took the old horn out of the loop, but I figure I'll order ryan's harness and come back to put the stock back in. Today I got the rims sent out to fix my dents, tornados on, and stebel installed. Next comes bigshots, fi2000, then air ride. Got my work cut out for me so a trip to the beer store is in order. Cheers!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Thanks for the help fella's, I did get it sorted out. Man that sucker is LOUD!!!! I took the old horn out of the loop, but I figure I'll order ryan's harness and come back to put the stock back in. Today I got the rims sent out to fix my dents, tornados on, and stebel installed. Next comes bigshots, fi2000, then air ride. Got my work cut out for me so a trip to the beer store is in order. Cheers!!
Glad to hear you have it under control. Just curious, where is NS?

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to hear, fantastic ride on a motorcycle. I had hoped to do it again when the leaves were turning but I got sent back to work earlier than expected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts