M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered one for $34.95 + free shipping, sweet!

Found out also sometime this fall they are going to be releasing a mostly chromed version that is also water/weather resistent, etc. Once it comes out, I'll put the chrome one on my bike...and move the other to my wife's bike. :evil:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Recently fitted the Stebel to my 109. It now sounds like a freight train. Good for safety around town rather than the scooter beep beep
Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
450 Posts
any pics on mounting locations, and how was the fit

G

·
Remove your right side cover and it fits in the hold in front of the battery cover. It fits perfectly. Go to the How to section in the Tech board and there is a complete how to. If you get stuck, PM me. I have it and love it. One of the best mods I have done so far.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got mine from twisted throttle.com
Cheers
Phil

G

·
coriman said:
Recently fitted the Stebel to my 109. It now sounds like a freight train. Good for safety around town rather than the scooter beep beep
Cheers
Phil
Hey Coriman....where did you mount it?? Did you see if there is room under the shroud, above the radiator?? Isnt that where the stock horn is?? I want to put one of these on my 109....but only if I can fit it where the stock horn goes. Outa site...ya know??

G

·
Hellrazr, the stock horn is about the size of a 50 cent piece. There is no way you could fit this horn there. I think the only place you can fit this horn is behind the right side cover. There is a good size opening behind there where it fits like it was supposed to be there. The difference between the stock horn (if that is what you want to call it) and the air horn is night and day.

G

·
Thanks bruno....so there is no room to hide uder that radiator cover...even if in a different place than the stock horn??

·
Registered
532 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
Thanks bruno....so there is no room to hide uder that radiator cover...even if in a different place than the stock horn??
The stock horn is actually behind the radiator, and there is less than 2 inches between the radiator and the head. There is no place to put something the size of the air horn setup up front.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I already have my Stebel Nautilus Compact Airhorn lying here on my desk and I plan to install it behind the right cover.
It has 139 dB HONKPOWA and regardless where you install it on your bike IT WILL BE HEARED!!!

Some peeps made measurements of the loudness around a bike and found 100 dB still 5 m away from the bike!
This is the loudest horn ever built to fit on a motorcycle

If you honk, two blocks will notice it.
Do not honk inside a garage...its painful!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
that chrome one is gonna be a hard to beat part...gonna have to get one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts