M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I buy just the relay for my Airhorn, Mine went crazy while at Myrtle Beach last month, the horn stuck in the on position and I had to disconnect it from the battery. I dont want to buy the complete wiring kit? Smurf

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
PEPBOYS

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I keep a spare on the shelf all the time , while you are there perhaps you should grab two ....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have had mine on 4 a few years now & sometimes have laid on it a bit...never had any problems like that...embarrassing that would be...guess I should pick one up & have it with me just in case.

While were on the subject...I have had another air horn 4 a while with the intention of running two[hooked it up 2 battery once & both of them together sounds awesome.

I am not sure exactly how I should wire it up proper though...want both 2 work off same switch. Anyone have the know how 2 do this the right way? Appreciated :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
602 Posts
WS - I did a write up a while ago, I'll se if I can find it... I'm too lazy to re-type the whole explanation...

I work with acoustics and audio equipment pretty much every day of my life and went to school for it, so I know a thing or two about sound/audio.

If you want to, by all means, hook up two stebel's... but, you're really not going to gain that much in actual sound output. (approx 3dB-SPL, at most... which would be barely perceptible to most people...). If you're going to do it, I suggest buying a horn with a different "tone" or frequency. At least then, you'll get some subjective advantage from the two different frequencies either helping or playing against each other...

EDIT: HERE'S ONE OF THE POSTS
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=827432&postcount=6

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
WS - I did a write up a while ago, I'll se if I can find it... I'm too lazy to re-type the whole explanation...

I work with acoustics and audio equipment pretty much every day of my life and went to school for it, so I know a thing or two about sound/audio.

If you want to, by all means, hook up two stebel's... but, you're really not going to gain that much in actual sound output. (approx 3dB-SPL, at most... which would be barely perceptible to most people...). If you're going to do it, I suggest buying a horn with a different "tone" or frequency. At least then, you'll get some subjective advantage from the two different frequencies either helping or playing against each other...

EDIT: HERE'S ONE OF THE POSTS
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=827432&postcount=6
Thanks Timbo...my second horn dose have a deeper tone 2 it...I noticed when I hooked it up 2 battery & sounded them both off @ same time. It looks pretty much same design as stebel's, it is called a "Bad Boy"....other wise :agree: with you, it wouldn't really accomplish desired result.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
OK Timbo, I just read your link, figured I would 4 sure need the other relay but am still not exactly sure the easiest way to tie the two together into the stock horn switch as I have done with the Stebel.
I am in no hurry 4 this...when you get the time...pm me or whatever...just something else I want 2 do sometime 2 set WhiteStar a lil farther apart from an average 109.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I have had mine on 4 a few years now & sometimes have laid on it a bit...never had any problems like that...embarrassing that would be...guess I should pick one up & have it with me just in case.

While were on the subject...I have had another air horn 4 a while with the intention of running two[hooked it up 2 battery once & both of them together sounds awesome.

I am not sure exactly how I should wire it up proper though...want both 2 work off same switch. Anyone have the know how 2 do this the right way? Appreciated :bigthumbsup:
Torq has 2 Stebels hooked up as well as the stock horn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts